Anybody know how to replace the front bumper on a '99 ford explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody know how to replace the front bumper on a '99 ford explorer?

FordExploder17

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Fender benders suck. Im trying to replace the front bumper on my own but it would be great if i could get some help. Can anyone give me instructions, or tips, or websites where i could find instructions would be great. instruction pics would be awesome too. Sorry if this has been posted by someone else before. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is only 4 bolts two on each frame horn, make sure you have the fog lights un plugged once the bolts are done and light unplugged it pulls right off. Fender flairs now so easy, take thows off it will leave holes that you would have to get welded up...:salute:Cheers hope thats enough!

Thats what I saw and I just felt like that was too easy. haha. thanks a ton man.

i know what you mean about fender benders. i had one about a year ago and still have yet to fix the front. the only problem is looks really. im sure there are internal affairs i do not want to even begin to fix on my own, but a new bumper is easiest. i was going to post a thread asking the same thing. thanks for beating me to it hahaha. how much did you get a replacement bumper for and does yours have the bumper guard with the chrome coverings on the fog lights?

Back