5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

o/d light flashing

I just got a 2003 expl driving home the od light flashes and check tranny comes up. it did set a code tcc solenoid and torq conveter took to shop it has had new tranny put in it . changing the solenoid block will this stop my problem. shifts fine in all gears goes onto o/d just fine can switch out of o/d and it goes back down push switch it goes in o/d .any help please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any way of getting the photos to work again?

info request... info to share...and frustrated.

Well after yrs of successful driving the evil O/D light and hard shifts..started. afte readint this thread..(btw,,i had been a member yrs ago..new com ..and all PW lost..,,had to open new account) Anyway..the 2002 ford eddy v-8...came into its flashing a hard shifting window ...So after understanding ALL the problems w/ the tranny..and only wanting to get on my back one time and hit all the problem spots....replaced the solenoid pack,w NEW/UPGRADED unit..replaced the OD serve from Superior Solutions, LLC. ...and all was great..BUT still had a slip /hard shift from the intermediate band.( yeah the ONE band i did think i needed ) so i ordered the inter. band serve. upon removal of the serve i found thAt it wAs BROKEN at the cross drilled hole, AND THE
END IS STILL IN THE BORE......GGRRRRR:mad:..AND I CANT GET IT OUT.!!

SO ANY IDEA on how to get it out,,or do i need to drop the pan. VB. and push it out from the inside.......

Well after yrs of successful driving the evil O/D light and hard shifts..started. afte readint this thread..(btw,,i had been a member yrs ago..new com ..and all PW lost..,,had to open new account) Anyway..the 2002 ford eddy v-8...came into its flashing a hard shifting window ...So after understanding ALL the problems w/ the tranny..and only wanting to get on my back one time and hit all the problem spots....replaced the solenoid pack,w NEW/UPGRADED unit..replaced the OD serve from Superior Solutions, LLC. ...and all was great..BUT still had a slip /hard shift from the intermediate band.( yeah the ONE band i did think i needed ) so i ordered the inter. band serve. upon removal of the serve i found thAt it wAs BROKEN at the cross drilled hole, AND THE
END IS STILL IN THE BORE......GGRRRRR:mad:..AND I CANT GET IT OUT.!!

SO ANY IDEA on how to get it out,,or do i need to drop the pan. VB. and push it out from the inside.......

Here is what others have gone through.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380199

Following research from this site I ordered a solenoid pack from:

http://www.800700tran.com/prod.itml/icOid/159

9 days have pasted and I have not received the part. I have called them 11 times, no answer. Emailed, no answer. No tracking information.They charged my credit card immediately.
Is it just me or does this company lack any commitment to customer service??
Explorer sitting waiting for part.

Unfortunately, they have a track record for this. Search through some posts on this site to see that you're not alone. They have a list of complaints registered with the BBB. A while ago one of their sales people tried to post spam on this site, and advertise their products without purchasing a vendor's membership. They were immediately banned. A lot of members have posted the same complaints along with other complaints such as receiving defective old parts when they ordered new or remanufactured parts, and communication issues. I would make one more attempt to contact them, and request a refund. If they still don't respond, then call your credit card company to request a dispute for the amount. It's possible that they might send you a defective part after a month of waiting for them to mail it, then tell the credit card company to remove the dispute. Just refuse the delivery of the package, and send it back to them.

Can anyone recommend a reputable place for me to order the solenoid block.?

I will let the CC company deal with the part that never showed up.

Thanks.

Of course they sell used parts. That's why he advertises everything for such a low price. There's no way that they could sell new or remanufactured parts for these prices. Somebody should file a complaint with the Attorney General's office to report consumer fraud. Check WWW.TransmissionPartsUSA.Com, WWW.Wittrans.Com, and WWW.BulkPart.Com for transmission parts.

His ad does not state used parts. It shows 'list price' and their lower price. You save '59%'.!!

I just ordered one from what I hope is a reputable supplier. They state new Bosch/Motorcraft. Latest upgraded part.

Update.
I ordered my solenoid block from ebay. Only because it was easy.USA Industries, new. Arrived 3 days later.
But............it did not fix the transmission. Many hours cleaning, installing new block,filter, fluid. Fooling with the pathetic lack of a dip stick. Anyway still same codes after driving for 15-20 minutes. So don't jump to conclusions people.
I drove it and it shifts at a high RPM into 2nd. It will not shift into 5th. Appears that I may have a broken O/D band?

Check the band adjustment with a torque wrench. It might have a worn servo bore.

So the correct adjustment of the OD band requires a specific torque? If the torque is correct then it's probably a bad servo or bore?

Thanks.

Actually the band is not set to a specific torque, its set to two turn out from being tight. People use the torque wrench to tighten it down before they back it off about two turns. Check out BrooklynBay's info.

Checking the band adjustment can help identify if the band is broken without pulling the pan or servo. If the band adjustment won't tighten after 3 turns in the band is broken. This is very common, I am building one now that had a broken band and worn out servo bores.

20150127_104529.jpg

Thanks.
There was not any significant debris in the pan when I dropped it. Just looked like regular after 50,000 miles. Dirty fluid with some 'sludge' on the magnet.
I will be testing the band and ordering an OD servo soon.

A regular servo won't help if the servo bore is worn. You will need an aftermarket servo with O rings on the shaft. Another option (but costly) is to rebuild the transmission, and resleeve the servo bores.

I am going to order the servo with the o rings. I will have a shop install it on their lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back