new slave cylinder w/new upgraded fluid line connection | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new slave cylinder w/new upgraded fluid line connection

bfp

Reaction score
City, State
dallas,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 ranger
I just got a new slave cylinder from Autozone with a "new and upgraded" fluid line connection. Instead of the inner fingers that the male fluid line connector snaps into on the slave, it has a removable clip that fits over the female fitting and into slots on the side. you push the line in until it clicks past the clip and that's what holds it in. To remove the line from the slave; you pull the clip out and the line comes right off. it all looks and sounds good, but is it? Getting ready to stab tranny and now I'm starting to wonder.I would appreciate some input on this from anyone that knows. I don't know how new this setup is. last slave I did was 5-6 years ago.

That sounds like the Perfection Clutch setup. It should work fine, and is easier to remove.

If it doesn't leak it's fine. The only downside of a specific "upgraded" slave/hydraulic line connector that otherwise works find would be that you're stuck getting a replacement line/slave from the same place/manufacturer if you ever need another, you won't be able to replace it with a regular unit with the regular connectors.

You might also consider using a zip tie or some wire as a safety mechanism to make sure the clip stays in place if it's the only thing keeping the line on there.

Back