diesel vdub | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

diesel vdub

Reaction score
City, State
shamokin pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
anyone have one that they want to trade for my 96 explorer sport? any year will do just let me know...i want to do the veggie conversion to one so bad...who wouldnt want to drive a car that smells like french fries

Are you the same Diesel Vdub that is on Apple Foums? Anyway I saw your name and thought I'd say hello.

I've been running WVO in various vehicles for about 10 years. My first was a Mercedes, then a 84 Diesel Jetta which had 98,000 miles on it when I did the original conversion and now has 179,000 miles and it is still my daily driver and gets a steady 45mph on the highway, in town varies. I really don't even measure the MPH anymore. The fuel is so cheap who cares LOL One thing is I no longer collect and process waste oil. It has become such a commodity that finding a good source is very difficult. The large waster oil suppliers have just about cornered the supply where I am. However since I can buy it for as low as $1.75 occasionally less and it is all filtered and I have the means to transport 500 gallons this is the route I have chosen.

Have you done you conversion? If you have any questions I can share with you what has worked for me.

oilitright@gmail.com

Back