Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Hey Guys,

I am now back after a move across Tennessee and changing jobs. It is time to get all of this back on track! If you have ideas for this section please post them in the what do you want thread (Link).

This month we will be looking at Scary Moments that we have had in our vehicles (Remember to keep it EF style). It can be anything from accidents, off road slips, or anything that brought fear. You get to decided what to put here. We will take all pictures and put them all to the voting thread this month.

Voting will begin on the 20th.

Thanks,
Burns

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cliffhanger in Moab. Pucker factor 10+. It's a looong way down!

DSCF0567.jpg

CH_079.jpg

DannyBoy and passengers is my favorite...

DSC_0406.jpg

and

Copy2ofP1010027.jpg

Not on the level of these Moab moments, but I'll play.

DSC_0562.jpg

Certainly made me pucker.

Oh, and I'd also like to nominate IZWack for this little stunt when we ran Rausch together...

Pucker_zps336e7e40.jpg

189_8977_zps06d07d99.jpg

On the John Bull trail in Big Bear, Ca. My truck didn't flex all that great then so I took this banked turn too high and it tipped me into a rock on the passenger side. If not for that rock I would have flopped on my side.
Also on this run I snapped a shackle hanger in half...don't know if this near flop caused it or not though. The spring was resting against the the underside of the bed with nothing holding it in place. Drove it home that way with no problems:eek:

image31.jpg

Bad Timing

being a starving student, this is the last thing I wanted to see while running late to school. I needed to call a friend to pick me up

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140827081837.jpg
    Snapchat-20140827081837.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 637

DannyBoy and passengers is my favorite...

DSC_0406.jpg

and

Copy2ofP1010027.jpg

The best part of that event was everyone was nervous but Danny. He actually tried to back up and made it worse before we convinced him to stay put until we could get someone behind him with a strap.

I know there are more scary moments to be shared. Let's see what you've got :D

Tough to follow those entires, but......

c8987f1ba770cae608533fe2804f2334.jpg

5abf645703dc35a889cfc0725ef61303.jpg

Just got done pulling a Samuri out of the snow bank and I slid off the edge of the trail. The Samuri later winched me back up via a snatch block. It spun me 90 degrees in doing so.

I nominate WhiteTrashFab (aka Ben)
th_PB240021.jpg
"]
th_PB240021.jpg
[/URL]

Hey, Rick. What year was the Truckhaven run where Winter was a passenger in the Pumpkin and you were leaning to the driver side on that steep hill? I can't find a picture, but that was a scary moment for all of us. I think Tom Davis ran a winch line up to you on your pass side slider to keep you stable enough to move.

I found this pic of Diff-Wack-Daddy. Only think keeping him from endo-ing down the mountain was his driver's door.
Copy_of_Trkhaven_012004_15_Large_.jpg

Hey, Rick. What year was the Truckhaven run where Winter was a passenger in the Pumpkin and you were leaning to the driver side on that steep hill? I can't find a picture, but that was a scary moment for all of us. I think Tom Davis ran a winch line up to you on your pass side slider to keep you stable enough to move.

I don't recall the year, but I do remember that the next time I went to Truck Haven I had a roll cage :D

I found this pic of Diff-Wack-Daddy. Only think keeping him from endo-ing down the mountain was his driver's door.
Copy_of_Trkhaven_012004_15_Large_.jpg

Wasn't there a near identical pic of DWD on Heart Attack Hill? I think it was his avatar for awhile too.

Wasn't there a near identical pic of DWD on Heart Attack Hill? I think it was his avatar for awhile too.

I think [MENTION=154]Diff Whack Daddy[/MENTION] has two separate shots from Heart Attack Hill :D I dug around, but no luck finding them:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While this entry is about 6 months too late I think it adds to the thread pretty well! This is Bryan aka Adamsbro1 on Kane Creek. There was only about 2" of bumper and the hand of god keep his truck from flipping on its side!!!

11350489_1098810460136375_6019849077781996246_n.jpg

Back