• Register Today It's free!

Rear seat center-console

jl27

Reaction score
City, State
Massapequa, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 - Limited
Hello all - We picked up our 2011 Explorer Limited last Thursday night. So far it's been great as we put a little over 250 miles on it this weekend. The truck arrived almost a month ahead of schedule. With that being said we had wanted to add the rear seat center console with the bucket seats in the second row to the order at the cost of under a $100, but it was too late in the process. So I go to price it out from the parts department at the dealer, I was quoted $900. So if you are not sure about getting the rear seat center console, my advice is to just order it in the first place and if you don't like it, remove it and buy the $15 plastic piece that covers the spot that the center console would go. Also if anyone has a rear seat center console they don't want, I'd be interested.

Thanks

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where do yo get the $15 plastic piece, our Ford Dealer told us there was no such thing.

Of course, at this point, we may never own one to be a problem, but the 2011 LTD we ordered way back in early April did have the center console.

Anyone here willing to selling me their 2nd row center console? I have any Explorer Sport on order and it doesn't come with a console option.

Nevermind, I found one.

Anyone here willing to selling me their 2nd row center console? I have any Explorer Sport on order and it doesn't come with a console option.

Nevermind, I found one.

Can you tell me where you found one, I have a 2013 on order and really want one as well.

Thanks!

AndreaJ, PM sent to you.

Can you share with me where you where able to get the rear console, thanks

Can you tell me where you found one as well. Thanks!

I am also interested in where you found one? Please!

Sell me your console?

If anyone is looking to sell their second row console in charcoal black please shoot me an email JMazz44@aol.com. Just got my second 2013 Explorer, (this time got the sport) and am looking to get one put in! Thanks

Sounds like a business opportunity for some of you :)

If having armrest is important enough to you and there is a market for more than 10 or so that have asked for it... build it and they will come :)

and go vote here --> http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/convenience/rear-center-console/

good luck on your new venture .

How about a universal piece - measure the opening and do a google search ? http://www.jcwhitney.com/rampage-console/p2011537.jcwx?filterid=c1525d16937y2012g34u0j1

here's a start --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjfKLH9P20

I am in total agreement with JohnBoyToo, the second row buckets should come with armrests.

Back