tire mobility kit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tire mobility kit

There is a selector switch for air or sealant, I cannot turn mine. Is something wrong or is it designed to only pump air after the sealant has been emptied. I hope not, it would be nice to have an air compressor in the car just in case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a selector switch for air or sealant, I cannot turn mine. Is something wrong or is it designed to only pump air after the sealant has been emptied. I hope not, it would be nice to have an air compressor in the car just in case.

It's a bear to turn the switch the first time. Took me several minutes of working with it before it turned.

It's a bear to turn the switch the first time. Took me several minutes of working with it before it turned.

I felt like I was approaching the yield strength of the value or knob. I will try again.

I found mine. Here is a picture of my tire mobility kit.

async

wow, you would think the limited with 20's would for sure come with this.

I have an XTL with the tow package and it is under the drivers seat ( where is supposed to be placed )...

wow, you would think the limited with 20's would for sure come with this.

I have a Limited w/ 20" tires with the tow package and I found it in the back of the vehicle along with a cargo net. When I got home I placed under the drivers seat where it fit. look under all the seats you might find it. I'm not sure but it may be limited to tow package equipped vehicles only.

Found mine

Hidden under my driver's seat. I didn't pull it out.

Thanks for sharing!

Limited no towing package.

Hidden under my driver's seat. I didn't pull it out.

Thanks for sharing!

Limited no towing package.

Looks like you got a freebie, because from what I have read, the "tire mobility kit" comes with the tow package.:D

Looks like you got a freebie, because from what I have read, the "tire mobility kit" comes with the tow package.:D
Maybe that is the one that stech is missing in his. :D

My knob was sticky at first until I realized you had to push the knob in first before turning and then it was a piece of cake.

Anyone having trouble trying to select the air compressor mode? The knob won't turn to the air compressor mode.

Just tried mine and the knob won't turn either. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Just tried mine and the knob won't turn either. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Never mind, the knob was just hard to turn. Use a little force and it turned.

Tire Mobility?

I know this is an old thread but instead of adding a new one I though I would comment on this one. Should the tire mobility kit come with the tow package regardless if have base/XLT/or Limited? I have a 2012 XLT and cannot locate the tire mobility kit or read documentation about it. Is there a part number for this? Thanks!

I know this is an old thread but instead of adding a new one I though I would comment on this one. Should the tire mobility kit come with the tow package regardless if have base/XLT/or Limited? I have a 2012 XLT and cannot locate the tire mobility kit or read documentation about it. Is there a part number for this? Thanks!

My 2011 XLT with tow package has it. It may be something they cut from the 2012's for cost reasons, or not used, or whatever. I have no way of knowing that for sure, but its possible. Its also possible your dealer stole it out of there, who knows.

did you check under the driver's seat? that's were the 2011 with tow package have them. Maybe they did get rid of them for cost reasons?

did you check under the driver's seat? that's were the 2011 with tow package have them. Maybe they did get rid of them for cost reasons?

I did look under the front seats, I did not see anything. Nothing on the floor under the seats. I also tried looking in the seat itself but did not see anything removable. I dont see any mention of the kit in any document. Perhaps is was dropped from the 2012MY but I have no way to verify this. Its not that big of a deal, its just if I should have one I want it since I paid for it. If it has been dropped, no biggie, just would like to know either way.

Couldn't find it on the Ford web site. Maybe they did drop it. Ask your dealer and please let us know.

Couldn't find it on the Ford web site. Maybe they did drop it. Ask your dealer and please let us know.

I just went on the Ford site, tried building a 2012. When got to add tow package I clicked on details and it does say a tire mobility kit is included so I think I should have one. I just sent a note to my dealer asking about this, so I will post what I find out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just went on the Ford site, tried building a 2012. When got to add tow package I clicked on details and it does say a tire mobility kit is included so I think I should have one. I just sent a note to my dealer asking about this, so I will post what I find out.

Just did the same thing before your post. I seen it too. Great minds think alike.LOL

Back