pitman arm removel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pitman arm removel

stil

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
does anyone know how to remove the pitman arm to replace the lower seal on the steering box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does anyone know how to remove the pitman arm to replace the lower seal on the steering box

You need a pitman arm puller... Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-25262-Pit...=1411231906&sr=1-2&keywords=pitman+arm+puller

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Thank you I got it off but ended up taking the gear box out , but now I can't get the seal out I tried drilling a small hole in the old seal but had no luck without damaging anything, is the only way too get that seal out by taking the whole shaft out ?

pitman arm seal

Thank you I got it off but ended up taking the gear box out , but now I can't get the seal out I tried drilling a small hole in the old seal but had no luck without damaging anything, is the only way too get that seal out by taking the whole shaft out ?

Sorry, I've never removed the seal, just the pitman arm itself. Maybe someone else has an answer for you.

pitman

Sorry, I've never removed the seal, just the pitman arm itself. Maybe someone else has an answer for you.

thank you but i got it and already reinstalled it ,, thanks again

Back