DB_1 joins the tow rig club | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DB_1 joins the tow rig club

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah with the white paint it's hard to get any depth perception in the pics. The front pass. door got the worst of it.
On the bright side, the dent I got at the off road expo blends right in with the rest of the damage:p:

Bummer:( Hopefully the insurance will find in your favor.

Duuuude! :(

That stinks :(

I am always weary of people staying inside their lane on a double lane turn at an intersection. Couldn't tell you how many times someone has decided that they need both lanes to make the turn. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the outcome!

Did the B-pillar get any damage?

Best I can tell is that there isn't any. Strange thing is there is silver paint flakes from her car on the inside of the pass. side door sill. I'm guessing her paint got shaved off on the front edge of the rear door and worked it's way inside.

Good news...just got a call from my insurance and they said the other lady's insurance has accepted fault. So now I can deal with her insurance co. and I won't have to pay the deductible.

Good news...just got a call from my insurance and they said the other lady's insurance has accepted fault. So now I can deal with her insurance co. and I won't have to pay the deductible.

Awesome, glad to hear it's going to work out

I took my truck in on monday to one of the insurances approved body shops (I could've taken it wherever I wanted) because I have dealt with them before with my previous truck and they do good work.
They have since called me and said in order to get the truck fixed quicker they are going to send it to their other shop in Rialto (an hour and a half away). I said I have no problem with that as long as the quality of the work is just as good.
They will tow it there and everything and I won't be out of pocket. Seems kind of strange way to do things but they said they do that when one one shop is busier than the other.
I wasn't covered for rental car on my policy but since the other insurance has accepted fault they will be covering the cost of a rental car.

That would be sweet huh...not sure they'd like me strapping ladders to the roof though:D
I requested a truck so we'll see what they give me tomorrow.

So far dealing with the insurance companies has been a good experience. I was expecting feet dragging and fighting tooth and nail to get things done.

That would be sweet huh...not sure they'd like me strapping ladders to the roof though:D
I requested a truck so we'll see what they give me tomorrow.

So far dealing with the insurance companies has been a good experience. I was expecting feet dragging and fighting tooth and nail to get things done.

Enterprise use to rent out Ram Quad cabs.

I sold a Dining room set on craiglist a few years ago and the lady showed up in one. I said oh' it's a good thing you have a pick up, and she said "no I just rented this from Enterprise to pick up the dining room set...:scratch:

I was able to get a truck for work, they gave me a 1/2 ton silverado extra cab.
I forgot how much nicer the 1/2 tons ride than the 3/4 ton and the extra cab seat doesn't seem to have much less room than my 4 door.

I went to Enterprise rental at the La Quinta Resort because that was closest but they didn't have anything available just yet. They did have a new Ferarri and a Porsche parked out front but pretty sure they were cars of guests staying at the resort. When we were leaving I got a call saying there was a truck available at another location so off we went to pick it up.

So I sat in the back seat and it's not as much room as I thought lol. You sit pretty much straight up and down with your knees digging in the front seat. Looking back from the drivers seat it looks roomy but still not bad.

Finally got my truck back yesterday and the repairs look flawless:thumbsup: The rental truck wasn't bad to drive around bit it's nice to have mine back.

I took the plastic bed rail protectors off before I took it in since they were starting to come off by themselves. Plus they had a chalky appearance and would bleed black residue whenever they got wet. I think I'll take it to Line-X and have them do the bed rails since i'll need some protection to put my crossbox back on. I've been happy with the way the bed has been holding up with that stuff.

I'd post pics but well, it looks the same as what's been posted already:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went and bought a new battery for the rig the other day. I bit the bullet and got a Die Hard Platinum size group 34. Expensive but has a good warranty.

I've owned a few Optima's over the years, have a yellow top in the Ranger still going strong, but the last red top I got didn't seem to last long. I've read threads that Optima's were once good then aren't good and now they've gotten better again...who knows.

Needless to say I went with the Die Hard and see how that does. The desert heat seems to kill normal batteries about every 2 years so I'm hoping this will last a few years longer.

Back