Ford CEO is todays one-percenter | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford CEO is todays one-percenter

As the OP, I only posted the article because it was related to Ford and I found it an interesting read. Regarding the title, I simple called it what it was called in the article. They periodically post an article about "today's one-percenter" having to do with some companies CEO and what they have or haven't done and their pay treatment. It was not meant to offend anyone or to make stabs at Mulally or anyone else. Again, It was simply an interesting article that I wanted to share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't get me started on these dirty, lazy, occupy wall street losers!!!!! Get a job!!!! ok, I'm ok now. i lost it for a minute......

Congrats, Mr. Mulally! I choose to admire your work ethic and congratulate your success instead of chastising you because I can't have what you've earned.

From the Mulally schedule:

Yeah, that'd be a good start...

I drive 30 miles to work everyday, in a Ford, Start at 3am,work 13 hours no overtime and I'm still broke.
:scratch:

I love it, that is the American way. A man (or woman) gets an education, works his or her ass off, and reaps the benefits. THAT is the American way.

My wife has a masters +80. She's been working in her chosen profession for nearly 25 years. It took 10 years to pay off the student loan for her bachelors degree, and another 10 years to pay off the loan for her masters degree.

Today she is earning less than 45k a year. She is also working her ass off. She leaves the house at 7:30 and doesn't get home until 6:30. When she gets home I cook her dinner and the rest of the evening, she's on her computer doing more work for her job.

I seriously doubt that Mullaly would/could last a week in her position. Most people would not put up with what she has to put up with on a daily basis, let alone for 25 years.

I dropped out of high school, have a certificate in automotive technology from a trade school, and a little college work, but no degree. I earn more than twice what my highly educated wife earns.

Can you guess what my wife's job is? EF's version of "What's my line":D

She a pumpkin co-pilot? :)

She work in the education field?

Yep, she's a special ed teacher. She teaches 5th - 8th grade in the same room, at the same time. Toughest kids in the school. They are all at different levels, and she has to gear every day's curriculum for each child's level, and ability.

Teaching is definitely one of the most underpaid professions. It's bizarre, given how much they go through to become teachers, and also for how much responsibility they have, and for the well-being of a class full of other people's children in addition to everything else. Strange thing is even though that's been the case for a very, very long time, most of them keep at it. They must enjoy their jobs, or at least the part about working with kids and teaching them. Thumbs up for Char. :thumbsup:

The salary thing is still out of whack, in this economy. There's a point at which it's just too much money for any amount of work. 29.5 million? Most people won't make that in their entire lifetime, even if they worked every day, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. I could see if you dedicated your life to the company, and were basically being paid to only do that, nothing else, ever. Otherwise a person doesn't even need that much money except to subsidize a lavish lifestyle of conspicuous consumption, so the only reason for paying it, especially if it's a public figure, is for showing off. Money is power, so the more you earn, the more powerful you seem. It's one thing to accept money because you need it to live, it's another to get paid that much and hoard it while your customers can barely make enough to feed their families and still afford gas for their Ford SUV. Maybe he will invest it wisely or donate a good chunk to charity. There are just plenty of CEOs who do their jobs on a salary of $1, because they make so much without a salary they don't need it, and maybe they enjoy their job so much they do it for something besides the money. We have no idea what this guy does with the money he earns, but when compared to the news stores of those CEOs who have a self-imposed salary of $1, and with the country still in a recession, a news story about someone making 26.5 million isn't going to go over well.

Maybe Mr. Mulally should donate some of that money to schools and education programs, and also for whatever needs to get done to pass that legislation that will raise the minimum salaries for teachers and reward those who do their jobs so well.

I don't have a problem with it at all. I guess that's because I never consider what I have in comparison to what others have.

If it's really all that terrible, consider whether you need the lavish things around you or whether your extra expenses could make the lives of an African that much better by building a well for just a couple hundred dollars. That's 10 less trips to McDonald's in a year and could incredibly improve the lives of an entire village.

Everyone is too poor to help those less fortunate than themselves but they also work harder than those below their income level. Anyone making more has gamed the system and certainly isn't smarter and absolutely does not work harder. Anyone making less is either dumb or lazy.

At least some of Obama's agenda is proving successful. :rolleyes:

Yeah, no government bail-out, no scandal in my opinion. If those were tax dollars that would rub me the wrong way.

They must enjoy their jobs, or at least the part about working with kids and teaching them.

Char definitely does it for the sake of the kids.

Eh, it's none of my business what Mulally does with his money.

Char definitely does it for the sake of the kids.
Char invokes the image of a fish. :eek:

Congratulations to her having a job that she loves!

There are few CEOs who could have done what Mulally has done. It is going to be tough to continue sales acceleration from this point without progress in the securitization market (shadow banking system), but we're looking at 15M US auto sales which is significantly up from the 10M unit mark in 2009. For Ford to have come this far in regards to their balance sheet, without taking TARP funds nor filing for BK, is quite the feat.

However, the issues around Europe are still real and potentially imminent... Ford sales in China are starting to fall off... Brazil is slowing... DC is in a funk... and the Fed's programs are proving more the hinderance to the real domestic economy than help (apparantly Bernanke hasn't gotten the note that commodity inflation really smacks consumers in the face and proves to be a hurdle for margins, confidence, and stability).

So Ford certainly isn't home free, but no business ever is.

Back