Can't find Dipstick to check trans fluid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't find Dipstick to check trans fluid

randy k

Reaction score
City, State
Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
Have an 02 with V8
Looked all around, Can't seem to find Dipstick to check trans fluid.
Any input will help
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no dipstick. It's a sealed unit....really!!!

Any input as to were the plug is at??

Thanks

Think with your Dipstick Jimmy! lol :p:

the plug is on the bottom of the pan, and requires semi special tooling to use (plug and some sort of pump i believe) its more than worth it (to me at least) to let a professional handle these trans.

so stupid on fords part NO DIPSTICK ! bullshit

Pretty much all the manufactures are doing that these days. I guess they think owners are too stupid to use a dipstick! JIMMY!!!

Yep

They are....... just sayin' ...... See them every day come in with nothing on the stick, or half way up the stick..... safer this way.......

Special tool needed for adding transmission fluid is nothing more than a common fitting that can be purchased at any hardware store. It's a 1/4" x 17 NPT/barbed fitting that will cost you about $3 bucks. You will also need a suction pump which cost between $10-$15 bucks at any auto parts store.

It's really a piece of cake to do this job. Below are a couple of links to the tools you will need, I just did a quick image search. You can find these at your local Napa or hardware store.

http://www.forcetools-kepmar.eu/Web...E73/B34A/E839/97B2/C0A8/28BB/15B8/WT-3007.jpg

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/images/part_p_1050213_2919741059.gif

Having this installed TODAY!

When I checked mine before I used a fluid transfer pump(pump top you put in bottle from advance) and just stuck the hose in the hole and had a tight enough fit to not need a barb...

They are....... just sayin' ...... See them every day come in with nothing on the stick, or half way up the stick..... safer this way.......

Two year old thread...for that?

oops, I didn't even see that it was 2 years old.

Back