• Register Today It's free!

Ford news

cowboyearl

Reaction score
City, State
columbia kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 exployer limited
Up to 500 ford employees are getting a raise from $19.28 to $28.50. There goes the price. 40 hours x $28.50= $1140 a week, $4560 a month. And they still haven't gotten the build correct on the explorer after 5 years. Pass door and tail gate out of alignment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have a right to make better wages....the engineers are the ones that have to the correction so things line up correctly and the q a is to blame...!

Definitely bad news.. I know I get pretty pissed off when I get a raise. SMH!!

Do you even understand why this is happening?

Ford is taking it to the competition - bailout free - and winning. Sounds more like reason to raise a toast.

They have a right to make better wages....the engineers are the ones that have to the correction so things line up correctly and the q a is to blame...!

You have a right to better wages if you earn it. Some of them deserve nothing and some of them deserve more than $28.50.

Where is the wage increase coming from? How about Ford making great profits and selling a ton of vehicles? They could thus afford to raise wages with the price off vehicles remaining the same due to great sales volume/profits.

On the flip side, Ford could decide to raise prices on high demand vehicles because they can get away with it due to demand. That would have nothing to do with wages.

Ford is raising the wages because of agreement with the UAW to only use a specific number of lower wage workers and because of demand they are needing more workers thus it will exceed these contract requirements. To keep in line with the contract Ford has to raise the wage of some of the first hired lower wage workers.

Go thank your local union worker. Budweiser pays pretty similar for floor sweepers.... Meanwhile I use to make almost minimum wage at Kroger... $7.60 as a front end supervisor, and customer service.

Sometimes employees actually perform better when you give them a raise. Also helps keep the good ones from quitting.

You have a right to better wages if you earn it. Some of them deserve nothing and some of them deserve more than $28.50.

Who are you, or anyone else to judge what a person is worth? $28.50 is not a tremendous wage. Based on the standard 2080 hour work year, that's only $59,280. Depending on the area of the country you live, that would be a comfortable wage, or it could mean you are barely getting by. It's certainly not going to make a person rich.

Anybody ever worked for Ford? Ford is hiring in my area. Im thinking of looking into it. Just wondering what it's like? I am a truck driver now with good benefits but it's not where I want to be.

after condemning 'judgment' you proceed to judge.

everyone judges. even ford.

workers love to demand higher and higher wages through their unions until companies move production out of the country - then they whine about losing their jobs

as they flock to walmart to save every dime they can buying imported goods

lincoln is trying to crack the chinese market - and i bet those cars will be made in china - and probably imported here

the domestic car manufacturers had to be forced by to make a decent product by the competition of imports - the ceo of gm even made a public apology for the crap they produced - the global competition benefited me because instead of tossing a vehicle at 30,000 miles, my 95 has over 200,000 miles - its a better product because of the competition

ford might be able to afford 28.50/hr today - i hope they can tomorrow - if not, those jobs will be farmed out or shipped out of the country

it would be interesting to see a comparison of the wasteland detroit wages in its heyday and the wages of the plants built in southern states today - unions destroyed detroit (and idiot politicians) - gm made bad judgments and instead of reaping the consequences, government bailed them out using our tax money

that 9.22/hr will not be paid out of 'profits' - and you will cheer when you get your 401k statement because you are getting that money - it will change the price of their products

ford is judging it can balance the demands of workers, investors and buyers

500 employees is not a lot - and we don't know what service they provide - but it is a hefty percentage - in this economy, no one is getting that much

my opinion - the op gave his opinion - you can call it judgment if you want

Who are you, or anyone else to judge what a person is worth? $28.50 is not a tremendous wage. Based on the standard 2080 hour work year, that's only $59,280. Depending on the area of the country you live, that would be a comfortable wage, or it could mean you are barely getting by. It's certainly not going to make a person rich.

Did you not see where I said I'm sure some employees deserve more than $28.50? Do you really think someone who does better work should be paid the same as someone who does substandard work? That's not much incentive to work hard, is it?

Ford is raising the wages because of agreement with the UAW to only use a specific number of lower wage workers and because of demand they are needing more workers thus it will exceed these contract requirements. To keep in line with the contract Ford has to raise the wage of some of the first hired lower wage workers.

More than 2,600 of those new workers are at the Chicago Assembly Plant, one of the Calumet Region's largest employers. The 2.8 million-square-foot factory on the Calumet River has been running a full three shifts to keep up with demands for the hot-selling Explorer, which was America's top-selling midsize SUV for the fourth straight year in 2014.

Ford sold 14,995 Explorers in January, a 28 percent increase. Sales of the Police Interceptor version of the Explorer also were up 83 percent in January.

Explorer sales have continued to rise steadily month after month, Ford U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle said.

"It's the best January since 2005," Merkle said. "The Explorer behaves a little differently than other vehicles in the industry, in that we're able to sell what we can produce. We have to make more in order to sell more. It's a good problem to have."

It's good to see that some corporations believe that their top brass aren't the only people to deserve raises when things are going well, at a time when corporate earnings are at a record high and worker wages have been stagnant and declining in comparison with inflation.

$28.50 is pretty tremendous for only needing a high school diploma. You do realize minimum wage is $7.25 right?
Or on a 2080 hour work year, $15,080 a year. Without taxes
$60,000 a year is living pretty well

You had better believe that if they were not contractually obligated there is no way any corporation would raise the wages like that.

Back