Reset Oil Change Indicator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reset Oil Change Indicator

JJ-VA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer 4WD 4.0L
2005 Ford Explorer - How do you reset the oil change indicator

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

>>>>>>>>>>>>
2005 Ford Explorer - How do you reset the oil change indicator
>>>>>>>>>>>

On your dashboard buttons for the PCM message center, keep pressing the "Setup" button until you see the option for "Press reset at oil change" listed on your message screen, then press and release button to show the message "Hold reset to confirm", then press and hold down the "Reset" button until it resets the system to a "5,000 mile oil life mark or 100%". Just hold down the "reset" button (takes about 2-4 seconds) until the message screen goes back to it's normal odometer screen. The 5,000 mile oil change warning message will be reset then. You can also customize the oil change preferences but I don't have my manual handy at the moment to look them up. I just reset mine a few days ago for the first time after I changed the oil and filter and the "change oil soon" message appeared on the message center a few days before at start up. BTW, if you are going to do an oil change, Advance Auto Parts stores have good deals on 5qts of oil and filter combos. I just got 6 qts(Bought extra quart) of Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W-30 Extended Performance oil and a Bosch High Performance oil filter for $45 +tax. The oil I bought sells for $9.19 per quart and the filter costs $13.49, but with the package deal from Advance, you save roughly $22 or so off of individual purchase price of items.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

The info is contained in the owners manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

Resettingoilchange.jpg

Edit: Looks like Exproblems beat me to the punch!!

<<<<<<<<<Edit: Looks like Exproblems beat me to the punch!![/QUOTE]>>>>>>>>>>>
BR,

I like your reply better, you gave him a link to the whole owners manual. :) I see you switched to the "Pats Logo" on your messages. Nice game by QB Brady the other night against the Fish! As we Bills fans like to say, "Squish The Fish"! My Bills got off to a good start last week, just hope they can keep playing this good and stay healthy. Good luck to your Pats this year, but you guys don't need luck, you have Brady!

<<<<<<<<<Edit: Looks like Exproblems beat me to the punch!!>>>>>>>>>>>
BR,

I like your reply better, you gave him a link to the whole owners manual. :) I see you switched to the "Pats Logo" on your messages. Nice game by QB Brady the other night against the Fish! As we Bills fans like to say, "Squish The Fish"! My Bills got off to a good start last week, just hope they can keep playing this good and stay healthy. Good luck to your Pats this year, but you guys don't need luck, you have Brady!

Changed the logo for football season. The Sox are sinking like a stone so that logo won't be up until they make the playoffs.

I would like to see the Bills do well this year. It is long overdue.

Big Rondo,

>>>>>>>>>>>The Sox are sinking like a stone so that logo won't be up until they make the playoffs.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Sox still hold the wild card spot last I checked, I think? I hate the Yankee's and I'm from New York state, but I loved the character of "George Steinbrenner" in the Seinfeld TV show, funny as hell. Most everyone in Buffalo is a Yankee's fan. I'm a Reds fan, have been since Hall of Fame catcher "Johnny Bench" played for The Buffalo Bisons minor league team, then went on to the Reds. Saw him play here for the Bisons when I was a kid.

>>>>>>>I would like to see the Bills do well this year. >>>>>>>>>

You and me both or it's going to be a long season. I live approx: 1 mile from Ralph Wilson Stadium where the Bills play.

>>>>>>>>>It is long overdue.[/QUOTE]>>>>>>>>>

No doubt!

Back