• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control problem on 2002

MBM

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I have an early model 02 explorer and am having issues with the CC. When I set the CC the green light comes on and stays on but occaisionally it will not hold the set speed and it drops off. Two other times it did the opposite; it got stuck on and I had to apply some pressure on the brake and then the safety/pressure switch disabled it. My ABS light doesnt flash and the brake lights work ok.. Seems like it could be the servo or actuator? Any thoughts? Thank you

I have an early model 02 explorer and am having issues with the CC. When I set the CC the green light comes on and stays on but occaisionally it will not hold the set speed and it drops off. Two other times it did the opposite; it got stuck on and I had to apply some pressure on the brake and then the safety/pressure switch disabled it. My ABS light doesnt flash and the brake lights work ok.. Seems like it could be the servo or actuator? Any thoughts? Thank you
Not sure what the issues are with yours, but there is a recall on the '02 cruise control switch. Did you have the recall work done?

I was reading on here the other day. And pulled up that there is a switch on the master cylinder and it will go out about a $20 part. The thread did say that if the brake fluid gets to low the cc will not work. I don't know how all this works but I'm having the same problem with mine if I fix it by the yall do. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back