Home Depot entering auto parts business | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Home Depot entering auto parts business

I wonder if Home Depot or Walmart will know how to bench test alternators or starters. Autozone has a tool loaning program. They give you back the money when you return the tools. Home Depot also rents tools, but they make a profit from doing it. Autozone scans the computer to read codes. I don't think Walmart or Home Depot will send anybody into the parking lot to read codes or install batteries, change light bulbs or wiper blades.

I wonder if Home Depot or Walmart will know how to bench test alternators or starters. Autozone has a tool loaning program. They give you back the money when you return the tools. Home Depot also rents tools, but they make a profit from doing it. Autozone scans the computer to read codes. I don't think Walmart or Home Depot will send anybody into the parking lot to read codes or install batteries, change light bulbs or wiper blades.

Most employees at the auto parts stores can't do it anyways. My mom bought headlights a few weeks ago. As usual she lets them instal the new bulb.... :eek: 45 minutes later they got the burnt out bulb replaced with the other bulb in the package for me to do when I got home.

I do like Autozone's tool loan. :D

Back