How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install. | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just ordered my body lift kit today on eBay looking forward to getting it in then I'll make the spacers for the struts and go with 285-75R16's...pictures to follow...
I have a hoist and all the toys to do it so I'll do a detailed write up with pictures...

Cheers R...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my frickin body lift was lost in shipping... As I live in Canada it goes to a "Global Shipping Center" got the tracking number for that and never got a tracking number for any further so my guess is it is either on the dock in Ky or in the trunk of someone that works there... :mad: :mad: :mad:
So I did some more research and found this from performance accessories..,

FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRACK (MANUAL TRANS REQUIRES 3700)
Category: Body Lift Kits
Application: Ford
Year: 2001 - 2002
Lift: 3"
Description: FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRACK (MANUAL TRANS REQUIRES 3700)
Part Number: 70023

http://www.performanceaccessories.c...egory=Body Lift Kits&Active=Yes&currentpage=2

Any one used it??? any idea if it will work on the regular explorer???

Hello all!

Hey everyone! Fairly new to the board...have always found everyone to be very helpful on in the forum. I just moved to CO and I am interested in giving my stock EX a little boost...not too much but a bit more aggressive.

Below is an inexpensive kit I found and was wondering if anyone has installed one before. Also, are any peeps from the Denver metro area that would be interested in installing 1.5-3 inches on my ride?

http://www.autoanything.com/suspens...ckingid=274x&gclid=CK_2zdjI7boCFQxgMgodnRwAkA

Thanks!

Hey everyone! Fairly new to the board...have always found everyone to be very helpful on in the forum. I just moved to CO and I am interested in giving my stock EX a little boost...not too much but a bit more aggressive. Below is an inexpensive kit I found and was wondering if anyone has installed one before. Also, are any peeps from the Denver metro area that would be interested in installing 1.5-3 inches on my ride? http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/77A5218A3889513.aspx?kc=ffsku&kpid=10564-5218-102020&k_clickid=5921405d-fc0f-39a9-ea1a-000005ed4e8b&k_trackingid=274x&gclid=CK_2zdjI7boCFQxgMgodnRwAkA Thanks!

Won't fit. Read this thread and you'll see what you need to buy and how to do it.

Take those auto-accessory sites with a grain of salt, and in general don't trust them for fitment. The people writing the 'compatible with' drop down-menus literally have no idea what they're talking about. This one says it fits with all 2002-2005 explorer models, which is far from the truth. It looks to me as though this could be for an explorer sport, but even then who knows.

Strut spacers

Anyone selling steut spacer for lift?

Also i have the 2012 ford eplorer rims 18inch and wondering what size mt terrain would fit on stock hieght

Anyone selling steut spacer for lift?

Also i have the 2012 ford eplorer rims 18inch and wondering what size mt terrain would fit on stock hieght

This thread is for a 3" Body Lift, which tells you exactly how to go about getting and installing one.

This other thread here goes about discussing the coil spacer lift:
Coil Spacer Discussion Thread

Largest tires to fit on a stock rim and height are 265s.

-Dubya

Well I got my body lift in a couple weeks ago. took a boat load of pictures and will post them soon. I also made my own 2.5 front and 2 rear spring spacers and I'll do a write up on that too for all interested... went with the 285/75R16 Kumo road venture M/T's love the finished product rides great...
thanks for the info on this posting it made the job easier... total time with the fabricating the spacers and install of both lifts took a weekend...

Cheers...

Well I got my body lift in a couple weeks ago. took a boat load of pictures and will post them soon. I also made my own 2.5 front and 2 rear spring spacers and I'll do a write up on that too for all interested... went with the 285/75R16 Kumo road venture M/T's love the finished product rides great...
thanks for the info on this posting it made the job easier... total time with the fabricating the spacers and install of both lifts took a weekend...

Cheers...

Post up some pics, I want to see how the 285's fit. I got the spacer lift and 2" body lift, and want to get some 285's on mine.

Ok so in thinking of having this done, my problem is i dont have the tools to do this. so im wondering will a shop do it for me? i mean since its actually for the ranger?

Ok so in thinking of having this done, my problem is i dont have the tools to do this. so im wondering will a shop do it for me? i mean since its actually for the ranger?

You might be able to find a shop, but it could get very expensive, especially if they don't do a lot of these. Recommend you find someone in your area with the tools who would be willing to help you, plus you get to learn something by doing it.

Well my problem is I know no one who knows anything about cars or what to look for when doing a body lift. Plus I am a bit scared to lift it as I live in ny and rust is terrible up here. My X only has 87 thousand miles. my rocker panels are almost gone. so im a bit terrified to do it without the help.

Hey guys whats up! I just signed up after reading this thread.
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XTL 4x4 that i want to lift. Ive decided on buying the 883 Ranger lift. I am 16 years old, which you can pretty much consider a newbie. Do you think givin the proper instructions, someone like me could install this by myself? Also i dont want to screw anything up during the install so i was wondering if yall could give me some tips and things that will helping install smoothly. I already heard about disconecting the steering so i dont break it. is there anything like that that i need to know? thanks guys!

Hey guys whats up! I just signed up after reading this thread.
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XTL 4x4 that i want to lift. Ive decided on buying the 883 Ranger lift. I am 16 years old, which you can pretty much consider a newbie. Do you think givin the proper instructions, someone like me could install this by myself? Also i dont want to screw anything up during the install so i was wondering if yall could give me some tips and things that will helping install smoothly. I already heard about disconecting the steering so i dont break it. is there anything like that that i need to know? thanks guys!

-Get some handy friends to help. Makes it go easier and faster.
-Allow enough time to get it done...a whole weekend maybe. Don't get all in a rush and half ass something or break something.
-Don't spin the steering wheel at all when it's disconnected
-Remove the lower fan shroud before you jack up the truck as well as the rear bumper cover
-Don't jack up the body more than you have to to get the blocks in. Might be a good idea to do it in stages....like jack up front corner, insert block, jack up drivers seat area, insert block, jack up middle, insert block, etc.

Sweet! Thanks for the info, thats exactly what i need to hear. :thumbsup:

Please respond!!

that looks amazing BUT my question is WHERE did u get the roadbully lift?? if u dont mind could u tell me or send me a link??

that looks amazing BUT my question is WHERE did u get the roadbully lift?? if u dont mind could u tell me or send me a link??

skim through those threads at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum that have "sticky" in the title. You'll find out why it's so hard to get a roadbully lift these days, where else you can get a set of lift spacers, and lots of other great info.

Body lift

Thanks for the info I'm planning on the body lift this spring time, I've been working on motor mods( dual exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body, demon coil, pilot plugs) trying to squeeze every bit of hp out of the 4.0 without a motor swap

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you or anybody on here know how i could make a homemade lift for the coil springs? alot of people have ideas for homemad body lift just like i do, but im trying to suspension lift mine to not have to deal with flipping bumpers or new brackets or a ton of fabbing. i think of it like if im gonna have to fab up my truck then im gonna fab up a homemade spacer for my coil springs buy some lift shocks and let it be. if anything else needs to be done then I will deal with that after the fact but other than that i just need some ideas of how i can make some homemade spacers. 1.5'' 2'' 2.5'' or 3'' either or just so i can get some height and not have this puny 2wd look lol if yall know what i mean

Back