• Register Today It's free!

need wiring diagram for 2000 X

Vargas

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB & two '00 XLT
The one-size fits all Haynes manual for Explorer '91-'01 is really hit and miss on wiring diagrams. Some the 1st gen schematics are excellent, but it's nowhere near a complete set. Likewise, the 2nd gen schematics are fairly good, but all are based on the '95-'97 systems. None of the changes that came about for the later 2nd gen model years exist in this manual.

Can anyone point me to a '98-'01 schematic book. I'd like to have a complete wiring diagram that applies to the 2000 model year 4dr XLT, but for now I'd be happy with a page showing interior lights and control.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Courtesy lamps wiring

I also found the Haynes wiring for my 2000 to be very incomplete. I purchased a used Ford 2000 Explorer Mountaineer Wiring Diagrams book on eBay for $11 which has everything. The courtesy lamps section is only 2 pages. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll scan them and e-mail to you. Attachments to PMs are not allowed and when I shrink them to the maximum post size they're not readable.

How much different are the schematics on the 98-2000 compared to the 95-97?

I have the complete ford service manual cd for 2001-2003 fords that I purchased on ebay for 10 bucks, but it is based on using the ford analyzers for testing. It has great wiring diagrams and all the mechanical sections including body but their ford machine can toggle and read all the circuits voltages or tests without touching the sensors.

I'm wondering just how different the wiring is between 1997 and 2004 Explorers?

What I need is the wiring diagram for the 97 speedometer control wiring and the transfer cases hall sensors and gem to see if they are in line with the wiring diagrams I have in this CD.

2000 StreetRod
Thanks a lot for the 96 zip file.
If anyone needs any of the 2001-2003 diagrams let me know and I'll scan what they need.

Got a Haynes manual myself, trying to check the location of fusible links in my Explorer but the manual is fairly inaccurate. Was wondering if it were possible to find a quick wiring diagram for this anywhere? The diagram stops at 99 for the wiring, I have a 2000 Ford Explorer. (Maybe 99-2000 are the same, dunno I'm inexperienced.) Thanks!

If you have a library card, and your local library is linked to the ebsco web reference center yo can get wiring diagrams for the complete vehicle from 1945 up in pdf form along with specs, tsb's, recalls and repair manuals from the auto repair reference center, free.
http://connection.ebscohost.com/content/

Got a Haynes manual myself, trying to check the location of fusible links in my Explorer but the manual is fairly inaccurate. Was wondering if it were possible to find a quick wiring diagram for this anywhere? The diagram stops at 99 for the wiring, I have a 2000 Ford Explorer. (Maybe 99-2000 are the same, dunno I'm inexperienced.) Thanks!

My understanding is that the '99 and '00 (and '01 4-door) are essentially the same.

Check Owner's Guide

Check page 198 of your Explorer Owner's Guide. The fusible links are the Maxi Fuses identified with "**".

Back