Lucas auto transmission stop slip-any good? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lucas auto transmission stop slip-any good?

SB98UKexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
UK croydon
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 4.0 SOHC v6
on ebay here Item number: 220233199861

says:

Lucas Transmission Fix has a polymetric film which renews worn bands to stop slipping. It cleans and lubricates sticking valves for proper shifting and controls heat and foaming. This product will extend fluid life up to three times longer. It completely stops most seal leaks and results are usually immediate. It is the perfect preventative maintenance product to stop initial wear in newer transmissions, and is a must for motor homes, towing vehicles and all other hard working transmissions.

is this worth buying to sort my flare 2-3 or just a waste of time and money?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi sb
I put wynn,s conditioner in mine and it stopped the leak I had and improved how the box worked,but I had it in there a week only because I put the wrong fluid in....doh..... but I was advised not to use it because it can soften the seals which can make them wear more quickly.
dunno if that helps m8 looks like different stuff plus its more expensive sounds good tho if it works
rich

i think ill actually have that solinoid replaced to be on the safe side, found it Item number: 200213825528 on ebay, the shipping fee is 55 quid but its only 25quid, i dont think thats stocked here in the UK???

on ebay here Item number: 220233199861

says:

Lucas Transmission Fix has a polymetric film which renews worn bands to stop slipping. It cleans and lubricates sticking valves for proper shifting and controls heat and foaming. This product will extend fluid life up to three times longer. It completely stops most seal leaks and results are usually immediate. It is the perfect preventative maintenance product to stop initial wear in newer transmissions, and is a must for motor homes, towing vehicles and all other hard working transmissions.

is this worth buying to sort my flare 2-3 or just a waste of time and money?

i used this when my transmission was starting to go. it fixed it for about 5-6 months until it finally went and when it went it killed itself.

i've purchsed this at the local auto store, you might be able to do the same.

I thought it was a wonder cure but alas the symptoms came back after about 3 months.
I've posted about a company called 'sonnax' before.
They do all manner of repair kits for the valve body block. Nobody seems to have responded before about their site.
If you look at their kits for the 5R55E they describe what syptoms the kits cure.
I would say that nearly all the syptoms people are having problems with are valve body block related.
It could even just be the valve body block seperater gasket that has developed a leak.
I took my sump off to get to the solenoids and they tested okay with an OHM meter, but this doesn't mean that they arn't sticking in the bores.
Please read about 'sonnax' and make sure you ain't wasting your money. They really sound as if they know what they are talking about.
Kev.

What's the link to your thread on Sonnax? I've used Lucas for many years in many different transmissions. It does not completely cure everything. It causes seals to swell temporarily to make a tighter bond, but parts eventually wear out, and have to be replaced.

Back