• Register Today It's free!

Oil pressure switch

jjfrompr

Reaction score
City, State
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 mazda b4000
My pressure gauge indicates low oil pressure and is constantly jumping (moving from low to normal to low again). The truck is running perfect. I was told to change the oil pressure switch and I bought it (so far so good, now's the good part.) Where is the switch located :( I have looked all over, can anybody help. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4.0L: Front lower driver side of the block below the AC compressor. May be hard to see from above or below. If so, try looking in through the wheel well.

While you are changing it, make sure the connector is contacting well. Sometimes they get loose or oxidized and cause similar symptoms to what you described.

My pressure gauge indicates low oil pressure and is constantly jumping (moving from low to normal to low again). The truck is running perfect. I was told to change the oil pressure switch and I bought it (so far so good, now's the good part.) Where is the switch located :( I have looked all over, can anybody help. Thank you.

If you have the small oil pressure sending unit(switch) your gauge is really just an analog idiot light. At 5psi it read normal, under 5psi it reads low..

So, either you are really getting low oil pressure (very low) or you have an electrical/sensor/switch issue..

You can convert the fake oil pressure gauge into something more useful that shows oil pressure changes..

Instructions are here.. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14894

~Mark

Thank you all for your advice. I found it and replaced it. Now its working fine. Thank you again.

Back