Help with head unit install on 97 Jbl system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with head unit install on 97 Jbl system

Aiezzi

Reaction score
City, State
Oaklyn nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer X 5.0 awd
Okay guys I know this has been discussed 1000 times by now but the more I read about it the more confusion over comes me, I just ordered a new 8" pioneer shallow mount sub for my rear enclosure, my factory sub amp was blown but I pick up a new on for free. And I also have 4 Rockford fosgate prime 6x8 speakers on their way. I want to install my pioneer deh4900ib into my 97 eb with the Jbl system. Now from what I'm reading their is a harness I can buy that will plug into the sub jacks on the back of my hu. But I won't be able to adjust my cut off setting in the hu if I do that? I also read about people splicing the rcas into wires at the sub amp and running them to the back of the hu please explain why on would do that? Now I was also wondering if I picked up a 300w amp to power my 8" sub and wired it just like you would any other system will that effect my ability to adjust my sub setting or my speakers since I saw that the factory sub amp gets its signal from the speakers amp. I want to keep this as head ache proof as possible someone break this down into lehmans terms so i know what I can do.

Can anyone help clear this issue up? I just got my harness which I hope is the correct one my new pioneer 8" shallow mount and my 6x8 Rockford fosgate prime speakers and I want to get this all done tomorrow?

Back