• Register Today It's free!

Early bronco Dana 20

sicaz66

Reaction score
City, State
san diego,ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 v8 explorer xlt AWD
Anyone done it yet? thats my plan.advanced adapters has a kit.i just happen to and early version of the Dana 20(better gearing on the t-shift style) also easy to twin stick. Other option is a np205...have one of those too. Was thinking that would be cool to do a doubler with an np203... Yup got that too...:D probably go Dana 20 due to size vs.strength and weight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even better.. My 97' has vss at trans .they have a Dana 20 adapter.

Make sure you get a HD output on the Dana 20 the stock ones break easy

I'm not too worried about it. I've owned early broncos since the 90's . Owned over 100. Never broke a Dana 20.probably only know 2-3 that did break.

I would've thought more guys would've gone this route? compact,tough as nails,cheap,easy to find transfer case that seems relatively easy to install with the proper adapter.i know the early bronco guys have been doing the motor and trans swaps into broncos for years. I'll have to do a write up on what I figure out when I get to that point.

I researched it, but I think they are big compared to a 1354- as far as fitting between the frame rails- and the low range ratio isn't all that good?

They are one of the smallest cases you can put behind the 4r70w. Buy a ZF adapter and 1/2" spacer from AA. Don't forget the special seal, then it's a bolt on deal so you won't even have to touch the crossmember.

On the bench so far so good.vss plugs right in!:thumbsup: may have to trim crossmember.for front driveshaft. Have the spacer.waiting on adapter.started on sas swap.

It's in ! Fits like a glove super easy swap.

Any updates regarding this build?

Back