Step Testing | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Step Testing

Update to previous post

I only have one more concern at the moment that is really eating at me and making me want to stay with the older X3. It is when you set up the X4 to record data by itself with no pass-through. It works fine except for the analog input from my wideband O2.

I have entered the analog equation to display A/F in LiveLink Gen2 and the X4 but it wont stay there when recording with the X4 by itself. In other words you can see it on the X4's display screen as A/F(not useful), but not in the saved or uploaded datalog on the laptop/PC. The datalog will show the voltage instead of the A/F ratio.

Now when recording using the pass-through method the datalog shows the A/F ratio. Even when the datalog is saved it is still there. So the problem is only when recording with just the X4, not using pass-through.

SCT knows this is a problem and was working on a fix for it. The work around is to make changes to the datalog in Microsoft Excel after the datalog is recorded. It is too time consuming for me to do at the track so I am using the pass-through method. With the latest updates to LiveLink Gen2 and the X4 it seems to work quite well using the pass-through method.

Back