Help with stock subwoofer replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with stock subwoofer replacement

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
My stock sub blew up on day while I was driving, I have the 2001 Explorer Sport w/ the pioneer system, I removed the back panel and tried to take out the sub but I'm having alot of trouble removing it, I need some serious help, what did I do wrong? I plan on replacing it along with the stock amp and head unit, but I want to hide the amp and new sub in the stock compartments

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll need to pull out the whole right side plastic panel, meaning the huge piece along the whole right side interior. There's a lot of screws along the floor, headliner, and some in the middle, along with the window latch, seatbelt, etc. Once you get this whole panel off and out of your way, getting to the sub/amp is easy. Get all your stuff together at once so you can replace everything back there in one shot.

If your trying to just replace the 8" sub from the box you cant do it without
removing the entire box. I found out the hard way Ford bolted the sub speaker to the back of the box.

thanks guys, no wonder i cant yank out the damn sub

What sub are you using for a replacement?

Holy crap...I just realized that this thread was for my 01 sport and not my 08 st.... In the 01 I ran an MTX Thunderform setup for about 6 months, got really into audio and building systems and pulled that out and ended up running a custom box inn the truck with 2 sundown audio SA12's, each powered by its own DB Drive A7 1500.1 amp

Back