• Register Today It's free!

interior compatiblity

Insanejuggalo

Reaction score
City, State
Marshfield Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ford explorer limited
What interior parts interchange between the first gen and the second gen explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost all of them as far as i know, there might be a few parts that might not match up but im not sure, what parts you thinking about switching over?

I want to swap over the door panels and the rear hatch panel. I want to find black leather seats

I'm sure the seats will fit right in. FR-425 knows a bit more about interior swapping than i do though. Hopefully he sees this thread and will be able to tell you a bit more about what can and cant fit. I'm not sure about the panels.

Every interior component is a direct fit from second gen 95-2001 to the first gen 91-94.

The main body structure is identical.

Door skins, seats, consoles, carpet, etc. All a direct fit.

Power seats will require some wiring but if yours already has power seats it is a snap, you can even add in the memory seat option.

For exterior, All 5 doors are the same. Even the glass is the same.

Only difference is the rear tail lights and the front clip.

Mechanically there are a lot of differences but the bodies are the same except for appearance items.

The firewall, and dash are different as well.

I have duel power seats and memory seat for the driver side.

Power seats will require some wiring but if yours already has power seats it is a snap, you can even add in the memory seat option.

My ex-Ford mechanic neighbor had the same power seats in his 91-94 as in my 96. I have never seen those seats in any 91-94 Explorers in the junkyard.

For exterior, All 5 doors are the same. Even the glass is the same.

Note that the glass might have a different factory tint color.

Back