FX4 Level II | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FX4 Level II

This is my favorite ranger ever.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful truck... I own a 98 explorer sport and was really wondering if a 5.0 swap was possible and now i know... And this may be a stupid question but did u have to get a different transmission and im still tryin to figure out if it will work with my all wheel drive transfer case setup... I can only imagine how good that thing sounds and runs nice work..

And this may be a stupid question but did u have to get a different transmission and im still tryin to figure out if it will work with my all wheel drive transfer case setup...
The 5.0 will not bolt to your current transmission and the 5.0 PCM cannot control it. I am using a factory 5.0 Explorer transmission. On the other end, your Sport's transfer case will not bolt the 5.0 Ex's 4R70W transmission without a conversion kit from Advance Adapters.

Holy Lord. If I haven't commented on it before, very VERY nice job. Makes me want to refine my Sport Trac some more.

wow ive never seen this it is killer!

Wish you had post pictures & how to on the many things you did.
I'm getting parts out of the Explorer to swap into my 2006 4dr.
So far: P/S Leather Limited, center console, over head lite with message center, duel sun visors w/ mirrors, Mazda pickup bed w/ camper topper ( have tail light ? posted ).
Thought about a 5.0, but guess no go huh?

Before bed

love this Ranger.. Epic!! would like to know more about your blower install tho... :D

Si

Nice Ranger, love the 5.0 swap. Ford should have made Rangers with 5.0's.

Very nice truck! And someone probably asked this already but what size supercharger is that, and where did you get it from?

Back