leaving for ohio in the evening, but need brakes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

leaving for ohio in the evening, but need brakes

5spdman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Stryker, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer XLT
Hey all...

I have a 1991 Explorer XLT that I JUST finished adding a 5" lift up front and SOA conversion in the rear. I ended up swapping in a rear axle from a 1995 XLT, and from my research, ended up getting a '95 brake master cylinder with no cruise and no proportioning valve.

Finally got my extended brake hoses in yesterday, threw everything on, and bled the brakes....pedal went to the floor. Thought " I'll take care of it tonight then".........

I bench bled the MC before installing it, and have bled the lines so much, I've actually flushed all of the old fluid out...

I'm supposed to get an alignment at 10AM and leave for Ohio around 9PM, but without brakes, I'm stuck...

Did notice that when my buddy pressed the brake pedal, fluid seemed to be bubbling in the fluid reservoir....did I not bench bleed the MC correctly?

It's possible. When I did my disc rear axle swap, I can't remember how I bled the MC, I think I just gravity bled it or something. I do know that when I bled the rear brakes, the stock bleeders wanted to leak around the threads. I installed Dorman Speed Bleeders all around and that worked a LOT better, and no problems.

Back