Mountaineer 2005 "check advancetrac" problem?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mountaineer 2005 "check advancetrac" problem??

wjd73_59

Reaction score
hi there
i am a new member here, i got a used 2005 mountaineer AWD V6 4.0 L wth the option of advance track, i got it 2 months ago.
everything was working ok until about 1 month ago when i took my vehicle to a local maintenance shop, the mechanic ran a computer test on the vehicle & after that i got the "check advancetrac" on the message center, when i turn my car on i got message "advancetrac off" then after starting to move and after short period i got the message "check advancetrac" on the message center & the advtrac lamp always illuminated during driving. i had a problem also with the tire pressure sensors saying "tire pressure sensor fault" on the message center, i replaced the 4 tire pressure sensors & the problem of tire pressure sensor solved but i still have the problem of advancetrac!!
the mechanic told me that he got the following code:
c1998 (module calibration failure) & told me that ABS module need to be replaced!!
my question is that: does the mechanic cause this fault? because it was working well before his computer test?
do i have to repalce the ABS module? because it is expensive here in the country where i live!
thanx in advance for any help or assistance

You need to have the system recalibrated to get rid of that code. You will need a ford scanner or equivalent.

You need to have the system recalibrated to get rid of that code. You will need a ford scanner or equivalent.

thanx a lot for ur reply
does that code mean that my ABS module & other parts are working well?? & the problem is just recalibration?
i live in Saudi arabia, when i took my car to the dealer to re program it he told me that he couldn't do that because of an access code!! as he explained to me something like a password on the PCM!!
where can i find this ford scanner??

Back