Voice Mail does not play thru system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Voice Mail does not play thru system

Frolin

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
2013 Explorer Unlimited, Samsung Galaxy S5 now S7, two phones and same issue, when I go to play a voice mail on the phone, it does not 'play' in the system.

I cam listen to voice messages fine, on the phone, either when not in the Explorer or it's turned off. But if I get a v/m while Explorer is running and sync'd, go to play the message, it shows 'playing' on the phone but the audio system continues to play music or such, does nothing to 'play thru the system'.

What's the catch to make this work ?

I don't know either, but my JVC will play them in my 2G, my Jensen in my 3G will not.

Are you using the voicemail app? If so you can possibly do a work-around by changing over to "music" from the BT menu on the HU.

My Samsung Galaxy S5 plays Bluetooth voicemail fine through my aftermarket Kenwood DPX500BT. I'm just using the regular S5 voicemail app. Does the HU couple with your Bluetooth app when you start the vehicle? Must be some type of message indicator. Can you play music via Bluetooth?

Back