• Register Today It's free!

How do I fit all the wires?

mr_clark

Reaction score
City, State
Penticton, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac Limited
Have a '07 Sport Trac. The 6 disc changer died and the wife told me to go ahead and order a new stereo. Not gonna pass up that opportunity!

Hit up Crutchfield and got the Kenwood DPX502BT. Picked up some new Pioneer speakers, wiring harness and the Idatalink module to maintain my steering wheel controls.

Spent last night getting the stereo and speakers hooked up but ran out of daylight so I'm not 100% finished at this point.

I tested every step of the way and the system appears to be working great but I can't figure out how to fit the wiring harness with all of its wires plus the Idatalink Maestro box into the spot where the stereo goes and still fit in the double DIN unit. It's a very tight fit.

It may make sense, in the daylight, when I get home from work but if anybody has any tips or tricks they used that would be greatly appreciated. Maybe somebody has some pictures of what they did?

I'll be embarking on this too, without the steering wheel connector though. Having pulled wiring out at the wrecking yard, you may need to find a cavity it can be pushed into.

Possibly wrap some string around it and fish the string down into the glove box area. You could then pull the string down as you push the radio in.

It did make more sense in daylight.

Measured the deck and realized there wasn't a lot of room for everything. So I took out the harness and cut out any extra wires that weren't required. Zip tied up the harness and soldered wires to make it neater. Tucked the antenna harness below the deck on the right side. Stuck the Maestro box on the left back side back and managed to squeeze everything in.

Definitely a tight fit but made it work.

Should have taken some pics but once it fit I didn't want to screw around with it anymore.

Very happy with the deck and the updated speakers. Sounds way nicer than the standard deck and speakers.

Back