• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Platinum

chicagoslick

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
What is everyone's thoughts on the audio system in this vehicle? While I think it sounds decent, I'm not sure it is great...It may be how I have it tuned, not sure. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just took delivery on a '16 Platinum coming from a '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker premium audio ($2000 option over the standard premium system). Of course I couldn't be in both cars at the same time, but I believe the Platinum system is somewhat better in sound quality and crispness. The Sirius XM is certainly better. The Platinum is a quieter driving vehicle which could be a contributing factor.

Thanks for reply. I have since figured why mine didn't sound great. When you turn the surround on it echos a lot. Also, for my listneing style I needed to crank up the bass and treble a bit. Now the system sounds pretty decent. Another thing I noticed is CD's sound the best in the system. Next would be HD Radio, then MP3/4 tracks, then regular radio, then satelite....

Hi everyone, i found this forum while going thru the web for info on the sony premium sound system and would like to ask for your assistance. I'm about to receive my brand new Ford S Max 2016, which is the european version of the edge but in a MPV bodystyle not SUV.

I'll have the sony sound system with 12 speakers including a sub and a 350w amp. Am planning on doing full speakers upgrade and am considering replacing the 350w amp with the new Explorer Platinum Amp which is a 500W one.

Since the explorer is not sold in France, very little info is available.

Do any of you know if the swap would be possible and has anyone done it yet?
Can someone kindly provide me with the Explorer Platinum's Amp ref or any info on it?

Anyone know the price of the Amp as a replacement part?

Thank you all for your help.

What is everyone's thoughts on the audio system in this vehicle? While I think it sounds decent, I'm not sure it is great...It may be how I have it tuned, not sure. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

thanks,

I have the Sony premium in mine. I think "premium" is a over statement, it's an OK factory radio but nothing special. Before the Sport I had a Honda Pilot that was the worst radio I have ever listened to except for my 9volt transistor radio back in the early 60's.

With that said, I am just now completing a total system up-grade (except for the head-unit). The goal is to have a great sounding system using a digital processer, 5 channel amp (after the factory amp), new front speakers and add 2 J.L. Audio 13" "thin" subs in the spear tire well.

The system is finished now..... except for the tuning part and that is just an on going process.

Back