• Register Today It's free!

how to remove door panels

2002XLT21

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
so when i go to install my speakers, do the grills pop off or do i have to take off the whole door panel
i have a 02 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whole door panels... and it's easy as pie! You just have to be careful.... whole write up on this one... I think it's by Gregv8, but I'll correct this if not...

thats a good write up, tks, hopefully ill be able to do them wed or thurs, if not then have to wait till the next monday.. ughh

From GregV8, very nice! Just be really careful with that little latch that holds in the cover with the lock switch, breaks pretty easily... I found it easier to remove the part around the door handle first... then the switch holder. Have fun!

From GregV8, very nice! Just be really careful with that little latch that holds in the cover with the lock switch, breaks pretty easily... I found it easier to remove the part around the door handle first... then the switch holder. Have fun!
When I replaced my speakers I did not remove the part around the handle first and broke one of the little lock cover clips/latches. grrrrrrrrr:mad: On the other three I removed the handle cover and was able to get the lock covers off without any damage.

When I replaced my speakers I did not remove the part around the handle first and broke one of the little lock cover clips/latches. grrrrrrrrr:mad: On the other three I removed the handle cover and was able to get the lock covers off without any damage.

That's what superglue is for.

Does anybody know if for an 00' xlt that you can start by taking the 2 screws out behind the door handle?

Back