• Register Today It's free!

Traction control

IRONMAN-EX

Reaction score
City, State
New Iberia, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ironman
Does anyone know a quick way to disable the traction control?

2007 Ford Explorer Ironman edition 4.0V-6 4x4. 2.5inch roadbully lift with kkm cold air intake, magnaflo exhaust, and HID kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hold the traction control button for 5 seconds. It will flash and that's how you know it's off. The manual goes into further detail.

Just Press The Sliding Car Button it's in Center, Beside 4x4 Buttons

it will be turn on in console that mean traction is OFF

See Image Below

traction.jpg

Just Press The Sliding Car Button it's in Center, Beside 4x4 Buttons

it will be turn on in console that mean traction is OFF

See Image Below

traction.jpg

You have to hold it down to totally turn it off. If you just press it then the traction control works above 25mph I think.

Thanks. I already tried this. It doesnt matter in my traction control is on are off it still randomly kicks in thats why Im looking to remove it all together.

Thanks. I already tried this. It doesnt matter in my traction control is on are off it still randomly kicks in thats why Im looking to remove it all together.

I see. What exactly do you mean by it randomly kicks in? When you are off roading? Or what?

Two stges on that button. A quick press will turn off traction control. A long press and hold will also turn off roll stability. Both will reactivte when the truck is moving above 25 mph.

Nope its just kicking on when driving down the highway are just anytime it feels like it. Whats happen is I could be doing about 45 to 70 and it will start breaking and the traction control light is flashing on and off. I just talked to my ford guy and he said its a common problem in the 07 Explorers when they get around 55,000 miles. Trust me I know how the button works and no matter how I press it, it wont fix my problem. The fix Im looking for is to remove the traction control and Im just wondering if anyone has done it are knows how to do it.

You have to hold it down to totally turn it off. If you just press it then the traction control works above 25mph I think.

this is a new thing learned now ,, thanks.

but anyway, when you need to turn off traction ?

answer is : if you want to climb up the hill and need to full-strength .

that's mean In any case, your speed will not exceed 60 km in sand .

but in other situation , example climb rock or something like that you will need traction control , to reduce tire sliding .

and anyway thanks for the information . :cool:

Nope its just kicking on when driving down the highway are just anytime it feels like it. Whats happen is I could be doing about 45 to 70 and it will start breaking and the traction control light is flashing on and off. I just talked to my ford guy and he said its a common problem in the 07 Explorers when they get around 55,000 miles. Trust me I know how the button works and no matter how I press it, it wont fix my problem. The fix Im looking for is to remove the traction control and Im just wondering if anyone has done it are knows how to do it.

the traction on auto when you try to sliding on water or whatever . its flashing maybe 2 or 3 second and return to standby mode but it's really active.

i heared one way to make fully off , and know some people do it with ford expedition .

try to remove ABS Fuse and system will Be fully turn off but you will unable to usefulness ABS system .

you will receiving error message tell you system is off or something like that , doesn't matter . just when you done your task repack the fuse .

I figured it out.

I don't know why one would permanently want to do this. These are the same type of people the end up rolled over in the ditch, and then blame Ford. TCS/RSC/ABS all work together for a reason.

I wouldn't want to disable it permanently but even with it off my truck was next-to-useless in all the deep snow we had last month. The TC would make the engine take a crap in the deep stuff, turn it off and now I've got two open axles, oh goody.

My idea of Electronic Traction Control is buttons on the dash that switch on front and rear lockers.

I don't know why one would permanently want to do this. These are the same type of people the end up rolled over in the ditch, and then blame Ford.

Actually I've been driving since long before traction control was an option never had a problem. The traction control on these vehicles is not a true traction control the way it works.

All it really does is derate the engine so that it doesn't spin the tires, it doesn't adjust the power to the wheel with the most traction.

My 07 Explorer is doing the same thing - just driving downt he road on dry surface the traction control will engage. You hear a grinding noise and the light flashes on the dash. I am still under warranty and have about 2k left until it runs out however I took it into my Ford Dealership and they said they "could not reproduce" so there is nothing they can do. I've done some searching and found that it could be an issue with the "exciter" rings giving false sensor reading causing the traction control to engage. Anybody else know what could be casuing this?

just remove the fuse i think it is called ABS bump. When i want to go up-hill the car will stop .... yes the breaks will be applied.

you have a cracked tone ring at 1 or more wheels rust on axel causes this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So.... What is the definitive method to disable the TC? I'm looking to dyno tune my AWD 2010 Adrenalin sport trac. Can't have the TC on at any speed.

Back