summit sport seat install,ranger and gen1 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

summit sport seat install,ranger and gen1 explorer

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
I've been getting asked alot how I did my seats so figured id post a quick run down.I used summit sport seats with fold down options, think I paid $170 a piece to my house..they are really comfortable and for the price you cant beat them.im 6'1" & 240 lbs and I fit nice.we will see how long they hold up but overall they arnt bad made.obviously if you have a full blown race truck these arnt for you.took me a couple hours and was a easy job, i also dyed my carpet black at the sametime...any questions ask.

Summit Racing® Sport Seats SUM-G1159-2 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Make some straps to go across
20140716_135439_zpskp6ztvna.jpg

Cut all four of the welds separating the top slider from the bottom..

20140716_165412_zpstck2ihl8.jpg

This is the part you cut off and dont need..

20140716_154513_zps93dd8lxs.jpg

Then weld your straps to the lower slider and your done.spacers can be used when bolting the seat in to raise it..

20140716_155812_zpsipmt0pdg.jpg

20140716_155802_zpsdbafljq0.jpg
20140716_190016_zpsco5vbuyq.jpg
20140716_185946_zpsa1dmtgmg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, those look really good in there! I'm tempted to buy a set for a different truck of mine, one with a really beat up bench in it. This post is a few months old by now, how well have they held up to use? Are these in a daily driver, or more of a trail rig? Any complaints beyond durability, support, bolsters holding you in well, stuff like that?

Wow, those look really good in there! I'm tempted to buy a set for a different truck of mine, one with a really beat up bench in it. This post is a few months old by now, how well have they held up to use? Are these in a daily driver, or more of a trail rig? Any complaints beyond durability, support, bolsters holding you in well, stuff like that?

The driverside seat did break what I believe to be a spring in the left hip bolsters. .I dont have a tilt wheel and getting in and out is difficult for me, im 61 240ish.so I blame my fat ass from putting crazy forces on it..summit did replace it free, even shipped free..besides that not really any complaints, they are cheap seats so I dont hold it to supper high standards but for what they are they aren't bad..

This is in my street truck (ranger) and yes its DD HARD.....

Cool stuff, thanks for the info. I bookmarked them for when I dig out my summer truck, but I may even order a driver's side and try it as a replacement in my sport.

As a per-say "bigger fellow", like myself, how tight a squeeze are the hip bolsters, or better if you wouldn't mind sharing, what is your jean measurement? I've sat in a few other racing buckets and always felt shoe-horned, save for a wide model Corbeu(?) a friend installed in his track car. That was an awesome seat, if you don't mind trying to hunt some down... :banghead:

I take it you modified the stock seat brackets to fit these?

Cool stuff, thanks for the info. I bookmarked them for when I dig out my summer truck, but I may even order a driver's side and try it as a replacement in my sport.

As a per-say "bigger fellow", like myself, how tight a squeeze are the hip bolsters, or better if you wouldn't mind sharing, what is your jean measurement? I've sat in a few other racing buckets and always felt shoe-horned, save for a wide model Corbeu(?) a friend installed in his track car. That was an awesome seat, if you don't mind trying to hunt some down... :banghead:

I take it you modified the stock seat brackets to fit these?

I fit comfortable In them.the back is fine, the bottom is "slightly"" tight but not where I cant dd it..i wear a 38..I too was worried about fitting but these honestly are not that bad at all..I would love to have a wide model corbeu but at almost 4 times the cost, I think ill live with the summit one..

They make a cheaper model that doesnt have the push botton fold up to get access to rear if you dont need them..for like single cabs..

Yes I cut stock sliders

Back