• Register Today It's free!

2000 XLT BODY LIFT?

kzman28

Reaction score
City, State
kalamazoo,Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport
IS THERE A BODY LIFT OUT THERE FOR A 2000 FORD EXPLORER XLT?OR EVEN ONE THAT CAN INTERCHANGE FROM ANOTHER VEHICLE.ALSO IS THERE A BUMPER KIT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need a body lift kit for a ranger 98-00 and you will have to make slight adjustments,

"The Ranger kit should have just about everything you need to do it. Some people say they had to buy longer bolts, but i used the ones that came with the kit and all I had to modify was to drill out one mount on each side and use a nut instead. the bumper brackets may not match or you may have to drill new holes for them." Chris4x4Gill2

;)

Performance Accessories makes a series of 3" body-lifts for the 95-01 Rangers. The Ranger is identical to the Explorer from the cab forward so these kits will work on Explorers.
Performance Accessories produces two kits, one for 95-97's and one for 98-01's. The main difference with these kits is the steering extension and bumper brackets. The 98-01 kit will work on ALL 95-01 Explorers with the exception of the steering extension on 95-97's. Here's the catch, you need the steering extension from the 95-97 kit for 95-97's, but the 95-97 kit does not have the correct bumper lift brackets so after a few hit and misses we found it easier to order the 98-01 kit and then specify that you need the 95-97 extension.

Performance Accessories makes excellent kits and are top of the line. Installation time averages around 8 hrs with help from a few friends. The kit price is around $130 which is the cheapest 3" lift around. If you are looking for some lift and on a budget then this is the way to go.

You can also get an additional 1.5" of lift in the front but cranking your Torsion bars up 2". An additional 1.5" for the rear can be gained by swapping your stock shackles for Warriors.

With the Torsion twist by itself you can run 31" tires with no cutting of the body, with the 3" BL you can run 32" tires with no cutting of the body, with the Torsion twist, Warrior Shackles and BL you can run 33" tires with a little cutting on the front wheel-well.

What about a suspension lift for 00 ford explorer xlt 4wd! How come this year is so hard to find.?
Where is the best place to a complete kit ?

What about a suspension lift for 00 ford explorer xlt 4wd! How come this year is so hard to find.?
Where is the best place to a complete kit ?

hard to find cuz no one wants to make them, these are the rollover years. searching thru the forums will net you more info than you ever need so I will point you to superlift and trailmaster suspensions. search them on the forum and you'll get about 500 different threads. body lift is way cheaper. I've done mine already

So will i need a steering extension for my 00 xlt??? Also other than bumper brackets what else will be fabricated? I want to have them made before I start this project.

body kit

i am also looking for the same thing i want to make it at least 5 inches

I have also been looking for a lift kit for my explorer. i found this one but so far its the only one i can find

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.com/product/K494.html
SuperLift%20FD%2098-new%20Ranger-Sport%20trac.jpg

superlift kit is nice and all but for the price new i would say its not worth it. and thats coming from some one that got it for free.... well swapped stock for superlift on 2 trucks in one day but still cash free. find one used or do a tt/shackles till you find one used, try a body lift, against my religion but will clear larger tires. all depends on what you want

Back