Got a New Toy Today: Pioneer TS-SWX2502 Subwoofer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got a New Toy Today: Pioneer TS-SWX2502 Subwoofer

DjDom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL(imited)
Well, I've always been a fan of Pioneer, and my old school kicker sub decided to take a dump.. and sounds like the coil is burning out, so I bought this guy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eLxrQGa6Ggk/p_130TSX2502/Pioneer-TS-SWX2502.html

x130TSX2502-F.jpg

I had the chance to hear the original version of this subwoofer in a store, and I was quite amazed at how much bass such a small enclosure can put out. It sounded like a ported 12 inch or better.
This one being the newer model, I hope it can sound better than the old one!
I haven't hooked it up yet, but will very shortly, and I'll give you guys the details and maybe a video. Anything will be an improvement over that old crappy Kicker..

Edit:
So far so good. This is with 100 watts going to it. Barely gets it moving, but it does hit pretty hard and low.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78b53qkh0yeg3c1/VID_20140828_182937.mp4?dl=0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is sweet, where do you install this?

I got it rewired and fixed, so now it pounds hard since it's getting the proper wattage.

Sadly.. it wouldn't fit under the seat.. I tried putting it in the trunk facing down.. but the rattle heard outside was horrible, the 6 additional cargo tie downs I have in my trunk were rattling so much. So I had to put it right behind the back seat, firing towards the seat. It's happy where it lives now. :)

Say for instance my factory system had no sub, so my digital HU would it be compatible with a sub, or should I check the manual? I know in the audio settings L/O mode the choices are rear speaker or sub.

Any headunit is compatible with a subwoofer.
I'm running mine on a stock 97 unit.
You just need an amp with decent inputs. If your headunit has RCA outs, you would use those to the amp, if your headunit doesn't have RCAs, you can tap into a speakers wires and run that to the 'speaker level input' of the amp. Most amps have speaker level input now.

Back