Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15

Whats up u all im geting a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15
for my 1997 ford explorer 4x4 stock ill let u know how they do off road and on road ..... p.s any one know the cheapest way to lift my explorer please i want it higher

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out the modified (your year) explorer section. 3"body lift is $170 shipped. 2" shackles are about $70 and a torsion twist is free

I had those tires on my explorer, they lasted about 20k if that. They are terrible tires, didn't wear evenly, and when I replaced them all 4 had multiple broken bands. Couldn't drive on the highway with fear of a tire blowing out or the whole vehicle shaking apart. One of the front tires wouldn't hold air for the last week or so I had it, either. I had to air it up every time I went somewhere.

So I'm telling you right now, don't buy them. They are not worth the cheap price they put on them. Terrible tires, and traction wasn't that great either.

What tires would you recommend then?

My parents have them on their Bravada in the same size. They are loud and ride rough, i swear the steering wheel vibrates from them. No clue on mileage as the mechanic slapped them on there for inspection in December. Only thing I like so far is they are good in the snow. The bravada made it around good, even with the Smarttrak awd being broken. Hell it took me 25 minutes to determine it didn't work.

I had those tires on my explorer, they lasted about 20k if that. They are terrible tires, didn't wear evenly, and when I replaced them all 4 had multiple broken bands. Couldn't drive on the highway with fear of a tire blowing out or the whole vehicle shaking apart. One of the front tires wouldn't hold air for the last week or so I had it, either. I had to air it up every time I went somewhere.

So I'm telling you right now, don't buy them. They are not worth the cheap price they put on them. Terrible tires, and traction wasn't that great either.

I had them on my 1992 Explorer years ago. Mine didn't wear evenly either despite religiously rotating them. I couldn't really tell you how many miles were on them but I had to ditch them because they started breaking down at the sidewalls. Hopefully they've improved them since then.

well this is the 2end set so far 11miles on them so far i might go up to goat this weakend to test them my dad got them for me but im geting winter tires also whin i get the cash any other cheap ways to lift it i only want to lift it about 2inchs

I just got these installed yesterday on my truck. It actually rides better now than it did before. Getting it aligned tomorrow. But definately rides softer than before. Very smooth so far.

Back