• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport

CobraJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I know this is early to be talking about 2014's, but does anyone know when the 2014's will be able to be ordered?

Will the Sport's be available in 2014 at the same times as the other Explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was told June for the 2014 MY Explorers, not specifically the Sport though.

My dealer thought maybe March for regular Explorers....he was not sure about the Sport. I may end up with a late year 2013.

The Sport should launch right along will the other 2014 Explorer's. 2013 was a bit different due to it being the introduction year.

Here are the latest tentative dates for the 2014 Explorer and it would apply to all current trim levels. Keep in mind that all is subject to change...

Order Bank Opens - 02/25/13
Scheduling Begins - 05/02/13
Job 1 Production - 06/03/13

You'll likely start to see the first ones arriving at dealers middle to end of June if all stays on track.

Order

Thanks for the update. That timing is perfect for me.

The Sport should launch right along will the other 2014 Explorer's. 2013 was a bit different due to it being the introduction year.

Here are the latest tentative dates for the 2014 Explorer and it would apply to all current trim levels. Keep in mind that all is subject to change...

Order Bank Opens - 02/25/13
Scheduling Begins - 05/02/13
Job 1 Production - 06/03/13

You'll likely start to see the first ones arriving at dealers middle to end of June if all stays on track.

I'm wondering if there is going to be anything new on the 14MY....Like a major enhancement to MFT (y'know, windows 8 based - metro UI - no more flash)? :)

I heard somewhere that the stiffened chassis and components for the sport will be carried across the line, which is great if it's true.

Back