• Register Today It's free!

I'm back!

sicaz66

Reaction score
City, State
san diego,ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 v8 explorer xlt AWD
Haha! Nobody knows me here or remembers my 3 posts from 12 years ago.. But just re registered. After a 10 year hiatus from the explorer scene. Bought my 94' in 1996 with only 16,000 miles on her.one of the best cars I've ever owned.sold it about 5 years ago after giving it to my father.( he passed so it got sold). Been into the early broncos even longer than the explorers. I've seriously have owned over 100 1966-1977 early broncos. I'm now down to 1 and can't believe how the value on those things has skyrocketed! Mine is way too nice to wheel so here I am back to an explorer. Just stumbled across an original owner 1997 xlt AWD v8 with only 114,000 on it. Had a leaking radiator so it sat. Filled it up drove it home. Just got it last week and have already: cranked torsions,installed warrior shackles,33x12.50 procomp xterrains( fit great! Minor trimming). New radiator and water pump. Already got 300 miles on it.and it wheels decent for what it is. Already have an np205 t- case and full width axles with 5:13's and lockers.to put under it..when time allows....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best part is I only paid $800.00 for it! Been garaged its whole life. Even paint is shiny!

Welcome back. Looking forward to your build.

Welcome back! I also fell in love with my 94! It's got almost 400,000 hard miles on it now, but it's still kickin! I've done a little modding to it, but nothing (aside from the transmission) has been out of necessity! Good luck with the build on your new toy!

Just got done swapping out the factory stereo and changer for an alpine ipod receiver,still got to swap the door speakers out for the MB quarts,and install the 2 jl10w3's with all new Rockford amps! Gonna be a bump in',a/c'ed up fro'der....

Back