Just ordered 2014 Sport - Tuxedo Black | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just ordered 2014 Sport - Tuxedo Black

hglee

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Configuration is as follows...getting stoked to drive this beast!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Explorer
Style: Sport 4WD
Interior Color: Charcoal Black
Exterior Color: Tuxedo Black Metallic
--------------------
Selected Options:
----------
Trailer Tow Package (Class III) (52T),
2nd Row Bucket Seats (173),
2nd Row Console (51D),
Rear Bumper Protector (Dealer Installed) (60V).

Equipment Group 401a (401A),
- Charcoal Black, Perf Leather-Trimmed Heated/Cooled Bucket Seats (CW),
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On a personal note, I'd like to thank the many contributors on this site. My car isn't even built yet, and I have learned a great deal from this forum...much appreciated!

BTW, does anyone know what this mysterious (i.e., sneaky) line item called "ADV ASSESSMENT" means on the vehicle order confirmation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW, does anyone know what this mysterious (i.e., sneaky) line item called "ADV ASSESSMENT" means on the vehicle order confirmation?

In some areas, the local dealers band together and form advertising groups and run ads locally that benefit all those dealers. They then agree to charge a chunk of money with each car sold and send it to the advertising fund.

For example, in my area of Michigan the group is called "Metro Detroit Ford Dealers" - they even have their own jingle.

In some areas, the local dealers band together and form advertising groups and run ads locally that benefit all those dealers. They then agree to charge a chunk of money with each car sold and send it to the advertising fund.

For example, in my area of Michigan the group is called "Metro Detroit Ford Dealers" - they even have their own jingle.

Thanks...I hadn't thought of this angle, but it makes sense. I'm definitely not paying for that -- especially since I did all the research and educated the salesperson on a lot of the specifics for my build. Good people, don't get me wrong...just not as educated as I've become (largely via this forum).

You ordered same as me but why no Dual Moonroof and no Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning?

ACC is one of the best safety options the Explorer has, saved me many times.

You ordered same as me but why no Dual Moonroof and no Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning?

ACC is one of the best safety options the Explorer has, saved me many times.

Sarge: I had an Accord for ten years prior to this (with a sun roof that I opened maybe two dozen times)...I just didn't see the point. As for the ACC, I never really considered it.

Sarge: I had an Accord for ten years prior to this (with a sun roof that I opened maybe two dozen times)...I just didn't see the point. As for the ACC, I never really considered it.

Im with you 100% on the moonroof, I never use it, never even open the shade. But sales guy I use told me that they will hammer me on trade in value if I take a full load vehicle and delete the moonroof. It puts the dealer behind the 8 ball as far as trying to re-sell that vehicle.

The guy coming in to buy a full load 1,2,or 3 year old Explorer wants the moonroof.

Im trading in every 2-3 years so it makes a difference, if your keeping for 10 years then its not an issue.

Im trading in every 2-3 years so it makes a difference, if your keeping for 10 years then its not an issue.

I'm a buy-and-hold fellow, so while resale value matters to me, it's something that's a decade out right now. :)

hglee, I have that same advertisement listed on my invoice on the Sport I ordered. I have access to the X plan and they showed me the breakdown compared to MSRP and the msrp didnt have that charge. I dont plan on paying for it($700+).

BTW, we have similar options except for the bumper cover and color choices. I went with silver and the sienna interior. Black is sexy, but its a pain to keep looking nice. I'm getting very antsy and still have about a month before it get to the dealer.

Just a thought on the moon roof. We were going to skip this option as well because we never used it in the old vehicle. The in laws reminded us of their accident 2 years ago. They rolled the truck and landed on the passenger side. The moon roof was an excellent emergency exit rather than having to climb up and out. Moon roof option was added immediately.

Quick question for the group...how do I decipher the build date provided (via my VIN)? Below is what was provided via VIN look-up.

"Build Date:##30.11.0002"

Any insights here would be most welcome.

Not sure what that number represents but if you look at the very bottom of your window sticker below everything on the right side below the UPC code.

You should have a number like this.

My number on my sticker was 1201312055875  

Build date 2013 Dec 05

Not sure I have a window sticker as yet. Thanks for the prompt reply.

The beast has arrived...it's a beaut. Thanks to one and all for the advice along what seemed like an interminable wait. I look forward to the dialog ahead. Below is a quick shot in our driveway.

HGLEE_2014-Sport.jpg

The beast has arrived...it's a beaut. Thanks to one and all for the advice along what seemed like an interminable wait...

Congrats, hglee! So glad to hear that your Explorer is where it belongs - at home with you! Keep us posted on your adventures. :)

Crystal

Back