axel pivot bushing

Ryan1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
White Bear Lake, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
how hard is it to replace the axel pivot bushings, once you have the front beams off the truck?

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It shouldn't be that hard with the TTB' off. Do you already have the new bushings? Do you have the instructions or do you need those?

DeRocha said:
It shouldn't be that hard with the TTB' off. Do you already have the new bushings? Do you have the instructions or do you need those?

No I dont have the bushings yet. any Ideas on what the best place to get them would be. I just figured I go through 4 wheel parts

Ryan

Anyplace that sells energy suspension is good.

The bushings are very easy if you have an air hammer. The metal cup is pressed in and takes an air hammer to push out. Once the old cups are out the new ones just press in with a good dead blow hammer or rubber mallet.

I just changed mine this week using Ford bushings. What a difference!!! It rides like a new truck.

I will have to do mine....ill think that i will only cut the metal cup with a small jigsaw with a titanium blade and next use a blow hammer. ..i have Wayyy too much negative camber when i look in front of the truck i could not almost see the top of the tires because they are inclined inside the quarter panel.

I just changed mine about 2 weeks ago. It was easy with the beams out. I used Energy Suspension bushings I got for free and they did not come with the cups so I reused the factory ones. (These were old stock, maybe the newer ones come with the cups?) I pressed out the old bushings with a socket and u-joint tool (oversized c-clamp) and then cleaned up the rubber still stuck to the cups with a small wire brush on the air grinder.

Edit- I just realized how old this thread is when I replied! I was wondering why Paul said he replaced his last week when he is currently on a road trip

hank you but i odnt have the place neither the tools and im outside in snow to do it so im searching a way to change it there on the truck

Back