Super Lift install in Progress...Pics.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Lift install in Progress...Pics..

Alright so I decided to work on the Lift this weekend, it is a 5.5 SL that is the SuperRunner System. So today we did the SOA it took us about 6 hours or so and it went good. The only thing that I am concerned about is the E-brake, it is real tight when the wheels are jacked up. Also do I need extended brake lines for the rear because it really doesnt look like it do? Well here are the pics.

Before:
DSC00190.JPG

BeforeSOA.JPG

Me:

MattBackAxel.JPG

SOABrakeLine.JPG

SOAFlop.JPG

DanielSOABracket.JPG

SOAFlop.JPG

WorkingSOA.JPG

AfterSOA.JPG

AfterSOA2.JPG

Tomorrow its time for the front....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you weld the perch on?

Not yet

Weld them on immediately.
How'd you hook up your shocks?
Karl

I flipped the bracket down that was used and did it that way. you can kinda see it in the last two pics.

What is the best place to get the perches welded? I cannot weld nor do I know anyone that can weld good. I called a welding shop and they charge like $67 an hour. What would be the cheapest and best place to have it done?

Call a muffler shop in your area and tell them you need some perches welded on your axle. Alot of times they will just let you slip the guy welding some cash.

Hope that helps.

Nice...Ill give a couple a call and see what they have to say. Around how much do you think this will cost me?

More Install Pics: Http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~mab227/InstallPics
The ones with numbered names are the new ones, there to big right now to post them.

I would say 25.00 bucks or so.

Shouldn't the ubolts be face up? I have the bracket on top and the ubolts going around the axle. If the ubolt bracket is on top you get more clearance, I would think.

I have mine like positive said. All you do is flip the bracket.

Yea your guys are right but I bought shocks that would be too big, so i had to put the bracket lower.

How did you cut the ends of the u-bolts off? Grinder, hack saw?

Dead Link Removed Thats where i got the idea for the shocks.

I used a dremel.

Thanks. Are yu going to get some kind of rock slider to protect them?

Right now I dont have plans/money to. Im not going to be doing any hard core wheeling for a little while so ill probably relocate or fab up some new shock mounts when I get the time. But I dont know do you think if they would be something to worry about?

Alright im installing again. But while I was putting in the bracket for the passenger side radius arm, how do you tighten the bolts because the cats are right there. There is no room to tight or put on the nuts. How did you guys do it?

Chew_12 said:
Right now I dont have plans/money to. Im not going to be doing any hard core wheeling for a little while so ill probably relocate or fab up some new shock mounts when I get the time. But I dont know do you think if they would be something to worry about?

Whoops, missed this. Yea, I have seen a few people talk about them. I believe that JDraper made some for Karol's truck. I asked her for pics, but yet to recieve any.. Anyway I guess it depends on how much you wheel your truck. I hear of people getting stuck on them on rocks sometimes, and the skid plates are supposed to help with that. Hope this helps.

About the bolts, no help there... I am trying to tighten a bolt on my t-case and I am using a wrench thats about 3 inches long... What a pain in my ass!

Alright now I am at the extended brake lines and they gave me the wrong ones. Now I was trying to take of the passenger side brake line and I might have rounded the bolt. It is tight as heck!!! The other side I had no problem. Is there a certian trick to getting that hose off because I cant get it off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford puts lock tight on the brake fittings. I had to use Vice grips.

Back