jayhawkexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mission, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Hey guys,
Driving around tonight, the fuel reset light (middle of the dash, between the tach and speedo) was just barely lighting up. It wasn't ever fully on, but it was coming on just enough that I could see a red glow. It always went away after a couple minutes. Any ideas??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ttt

Okay...Guess I am in the dark. What is a Fuel Reset Light??

I don't exactly know what it is either; I never even noticed the light being on the dash until I saw it barely glowing the other night.

Well, I would try pressing the reset button for the fuel pump and maybe that will fix it???

I'm sure its not really a big deal. I drove it around for a while tonight and the light never came on at all. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a freak occurrence. Maybe my truck has some Lucas electric parts in it somewhere :)

Fuel reset light is triggered by the Inertia Fuel cutoff switch, sounds like yours is not completely off. The Inertia switch is in the drivers side foot well, make sure the button on the top is completely pressed in.
Pat McMaster.

Back