• Register Today It's free!

what size of tires can i run?

bitchinexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
if i have 4.56 gears, what size of tires can i run?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any size tires you want...... 33s will probably be the most optimal and 35s will be ok as well

alright and is there like a website or a way that i can figure this stuff out on my own? because im sure everyone is gettin pretty damn annoyed with me always askin this stuff.

as stated above: 33s will probably be most optimal and 35s will work as well

alright thanks

Here's a good calculator for you: http://www.4wheelpartsperformance.com/html/calc.php

I have run 33s, 34s, and 35s (true 35" tire) with 4.56s. I have a 5 speed manual trans with the 4.0 V6 motor. I consistantly started out in 2nd gear with the 33s and 34s. I only used 1st gear on hills or offroad. Now with the 35s, I still start out in 2nd when flat or slightly down hill. It seems like the perfect setup with the 35s cause my truck is also my daily driver. My rpms are about 2800 on the freeway @ 75mph.

If you have an auto, then 35s will be perfect with the 35s. Your rpms will be slightly higher then a 5 speed. The auto will have a lot more torque and plenty of power with 33s or 35s.

Back