Which one is the fuel pump fuse? (pic) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which one is the fuel pump fuse? (pic)

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
Hi,

I have a 2001 explorer I purchased in January. I just received my SCT tuner back from Doug at Bamma chips. I want to try it out on the trip tomorrow to work (100 miles round trip). I have to remove the fuel pump fuse from the power distribution box to flash the computer, but my owners manual is not the right one. It is for a ranger and shows a different box under the hood.

Here is a pic of mine:

fuses.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian_B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i did a quik search and i believe it is a yellow 20 amp fuse.
hope that helps.

You need to unplug the fuse for the fuel pump to flash it? :eek:

I just flash it, I was wondering why the fuel pump constantly runs until the programmer is done flashing...

i was looking in my repair manual for my navajo and it covers 2001 explorers it says its the yellow 20 amp mini fuse.

Did Doug tell you to remove the fuse?

I don't really see how it would hurt to leave it in, it will just put a little extra pressure in the fuel lines. Maybe a lil more stress on the pump since it can't push the fuel anywhere. :rolleyes:

The instrucations with the flasher tells me to. When you plug it in, thats the first thing it asks as well. Is the fuel system disabled. I bought this from BBQ_hotdogs and doug reprogrammed it for mine, so I don't know how to use it yet.

I don't know that it would hurt anything, I am just following instructions and found out my X came with the ranger book and not an X.

I will try the 20 amp one tomorrow morning and see.

Thanks guys

FYI - related but not directly - go Dead Link Removed for a new manual (.pdf format)

Thanks guys. It was the smaller yellow fuse. Buffalo's link confirmed it as well. I love the flasher and its just the 87 program so far. I can't wait until later this week when I try the 93 ones. :D

Back