Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Explorer Audio & Navigation

Notices

Explorer Audio & Navigation Audio and navigation systems. CD, DVD, MP3, GPS, Video, Mobile Computer, Speakers, Amplifiers.

95 eb jbl radio wire colors PLease

Old 05-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
sirforrest
columbus,ohio
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
95 eb jbl radio wire colors PLease

does anyone know the radio wire colors for the 95 eddie bauer with the jbl system 6 disk player [ dont want to use the changer any way].one of my harnesse wont work , i can get the one with power and everything but no speaker wires. i think the little square one has them , and im about to cut it ,but i need to know what they are. anyone help would be great im anxious to get her in and why do they say sometimes bypass the factory amp i didnt in my 93 with jbl . i wanna keep it hooked up for better midsbut dont really care with subs. thank you so much if you can help , its all hanging out of the dash now.

92 ford aerostar
76 f-150 gonna be a drag truck someday
2000 tahoe z-71 with alot of sound{wifes truck}
2 horses if all else fails

Last edited by sirforrest; 05-07-2005 at 07:26 PM.
sirforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
sirforrest
columbus,ohio
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
well i cut the factory haness and still cant figure why im not gettting sound out of them. any ideas about this little plug that no harness will fit. any ideas of what color is what wire on it? sure would appreciate it . 95 eb jbl system. thanks

92 ford aerostar
Old 05-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
dud_05
Richland Center, Wisconsin
'95 Explorer EB

Vehicle Specs

In '95 and the early '96s they had a weird wiring set up. In that smaller connector there is only one wire that has anything to do with the sound. Its the green one with the black line. The only way to do it is to get the right wire harness that plugs in to the wires coming out of the amp. and then you have to run it up to the front and connect the wires to your new head unit. There should also be an antenna cable that will come with that wire harness. Because the stock ant. hooks in to the amp. not the radio. I got my wire kit at a local car audio shop. It took about a week to get and cost $30. The only other thing you could do is to run new speaker wire to all the speakers. The wire kit is easy to put in if you can actually find the right one, but the stock sub wont work any more cuz your bybassing the amp. I'm planing on intalling a 10" in the same spot as the sock one.
Good luck
dud_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
sirforrest
columbus,ohio
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
hey thanks alot. im taking the factory amp ou and sub,replacing wit the alpine v12 in that spot. so do i still need to bypass it, ill probably run new wires from doors to radio.dont wanna, ill bet its a nightmare 4 door panels plus the rear panel housing the amp and sub, ugh just stuck right now . tried and tried to get that plug but cant. what would you do? thanks

92 ford aerostar
Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
sirforrest
columbus,ohio
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
hey dud 05 does that kit have all the speaker wires and stuff f0r the aftermarket hu when you get it to the dash?does the antanna run in the same spot? where did you find this kit? id rather do that than rerun all the door speaker wire, no fun. thanks

92 ford aerostar
Old 05-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #6
dud_05
'95 Explorer EB

Vehicle Specs

Well if you can't get the plug you will have to run the new speaker wire. If you do that you won't be able to use that amp because that smaller square plug that was in the back of your tape deck won't be pluged in to the HU or, anything for that matter, therefor it won't be tell the amp what to do. Then to hook up the amp to you HU you would normaly run the remote wire and RCA cables back to the amp, but the stock Ford amp doesn't have a place to plug in any of that. So that won't work. If your putting in a new sub and amp I would do it just like any car. Run the RCA's, the remote wire(from you HU), the power from the battery, and hook up a ground. This is offcorce after you manage to get your HU in. The wire kit that I got came with everything that I needed including the ant wire. Which runs right along with the speaker wires. From the wires that you unplug from the amp in the back, to the HU. The place that I got my wire kit was a local store called the Detail Center. It is in with another buissness called the Battery Box. I their # is 1-608-649-3746. I'm preaty sure that the two buissness have seperate phone #'s, but if you get the Battery Box don't freak out. Now when I got mine he had to order it and it took almost a week. So it wasn't real fast but I got it. Then I guess once he got it he would have to ship it out to you so it might take longer. It cost me like $31. The hardest part of the whole thing is getting the back panal off. Once that is off all you have to do is hook up the wire kit and ant wire back at the amp and run the wires down the right side of the vehical in that same spot that all the other wires are ran, snake it up through the dash and hook those wires to the wires from the HU and plug in the ant.
Like I said before. Good luck
Old 05-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #7
sirforrest
columbus,ohio
93 XLT @ 95 eb 4x4

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
thanks alot. ive got all the amp wires ran , amp is in, subs are sitting here. just need that plug because im taking out the stock amp and sub and moving my amp in there.Idont remember if i ran the power down that side or rcas and remote, wonder if those can be ran with each other.i might do the door re wire but i know those panels are a b#tc@ to get off and ran through those boots.would you get the wire or run speaker wires to the doors after your experience? thanks again

92 ford aerostar
Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
jr4773
lanham md
95 eddiebauer 4dr

Vehicle Specs

i just went through this....previous owner had some idiot radio shop install a nice system......then it was removed and factory radio with changer was put back in ....i had nothing....turns out they had harness adapter for power clip to new head unit then....unplugged a harness at the amp and ran that to the speaker wires at the head unit....it seems that the factory radio wasnt plugged in for starters....then once I reconnected the amp the antenna worked as well...i believe in all they had 2 harness' one at the radio and one at the amp.....then they had 2 different antenna adapters i took all those out plugged everything stock back in and everything worked.....once i put speakers in it...yea those were gone too...but the factory sub was still there and sounds great I got 4 pioneers off ebay and it sounds fine for a stock sound system....i will go out and check right now but I think I HAVE THE HARNESS that goes in by the amp and the 2 antenna converters and I would be willing to let them go if anyone wants em back in a few
jr4773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
jr4773
lanham md
95 eddiebauer 4dr

Vehicle Specs

ok i cant locate what I had right now ....ill keep looking but I did find a scosche harness kit that is 4 different harness' model fdk106 says it is for 1995 - 1997 explorer with premium sound/jbl rear tuner I think maybe part of or one of those amp looking things in the back is a tuner unit which this harness says rear tuner....now that I think more about it my antenna cable runs back there and not to the factory radio or maybe both but I know for a fact that the antenna cable runs to the back so i think this kit might be the deal i got it a wal mart for 10 bucks for something and never used it but see if u can find that or maybe look at www.scosche.com model fdk106 hope this helps
jr4773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #10
dud_05
'95 Explorer EB

Vehicle Specs

Well if you can get the wire kit it would be ten times easier and a heck off a lot quicker. That is the way that i would want to do it, but if you can't get that i guess thats all you can do.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page