• Register Today It's free!

brake problem and weird noise

crazyfoolreal

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
I got my brakes replaced about a month ago because they basically exploded and now when i stop it feels horrible. The ABS light is always on and it might be part of the problem. When i slow down, i can feel the car lurching forward every turn of the wheel and the pedal goes with it. Almost like the pads are grabbing the brake hard then soft.

Another problem I have is a weird hum. Whenever i turn, i can hear it and sort of feel it, almost like the tire is rubbing but its not. Sometimes it happens when i turn left and sometimes right. I just put in new wheel bearings but that didnt help.

What are these problems?

warped rotors? or a bent wheel thats rubbing against something stationary like the calipers or the rotor's dust shield?

no my wheels are fine and i think the brakes are but i didnt do em. they were done at a shop a few weeks ago.

Sounds like a warped rotor to me, those are the classic symptoms ...

Just because they were recently redone don't fail to include them as a possible problem, since you brakes "exploded' they no doubt turned the rotors and may have went too far .. a few weeks later they warp

Or they could have overtorqued your lugnuts or torqued them unevenly ... a few weeks later they warp ...

I'd pull the tires and check them for warping and if they are I'd take them back ASAP to whoever edid them for you ....

Back