Darn drivers side lean is back.

Hank

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
I recently replaced my front coils with the Rough Country 1.5" leveling coils and added the Warrior shackles in the rear for a nice little lift.

However that drivers side lean is starting to show up again. By measuring all four corners it looks like the culprit is the drivers rear corner as this has the greatest drop. Putting a jack under the shackle and lifting up the corner 1" brings the whole truck level again.

I'm currious if anyone makes a longer and or adjustable/ladder shackle other than Warrior. If not could any of you math majors out there help me calculate how long a custom shackle would have to be with three 1" increments of lift?

I thought about adding an add-a-leaf but I don't think it will work as the longer springs in the pack are the problem. Replacing the springs is the real solution but I don't want to drop the cash right now. There is a machine shop near my office that has low rates. He could probably whip out a set of shackles for 50-60.

Thanks for you help.
hg

------------------
'91 EB, 4dr, 2wd
www.grimmick.com
hank@grimmick.com

Hank,
Im not exactly a Math Major BUT I am taking Math For Elementiary Education so maybe, just maybe I could help Dead Link Removed
If you want to raise your truck up one inch you need to make the distance between the shackle bolts two inches.
From what I hear you can purchase J**P shackles.(I have not done this so I cannot say for sure.) If you do go this way, I would have a competent welder make a cross support.
Good luck, and I hope I helped.

------------------
Nick
'93 XLT 4 Door 4x4
Bosch Plat+4's with SplitFire Dual Core wires and a
K&N Air Filter with a Modified Air Box

You could try a spring shop and have them re-bend your leafes, it made a world of difference on my dad's 86 F-150

------------------

91 Sport
"Drive it like ya stold it"

Back