9sport6's Fix aka sas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

9sport6's Fix aka sas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome, that thing is pretty big! Those tires look bigger than 35s too. ;) So you used a dana 44 front end?

Good lord those are some big ass shackles! Don't you worry about the aproach angle? :eek: Other than that looks pretty good from what I can see.

hmmmm shouldn't the shacklesbe behind the wheels ?????????

boominXplorer said:
hmmmm shouldn't the shacklesbe behind the wheels ?????????

if you want it to perform better then yes

The axle is a Dana 44 out of a jeep J10(fullsize) swapped out a few things here and there to convert it to 5 on 5.5, rear 8.8 with 2.5 inch adapter/spacers......the jeep the axle came from had those shackles and they were in the front so i let it be.......i did uses 4 inch chevy springs up front though that way the possibilities as far as lift goes are pretty endless........its 11 inches over a stock x ,8 inches lift 3 inches because of the tire difference.....Limited slips front and rear, and the 4.88s treat me right
Coming soon though 4 more inches.....im taking out the blocks and throwing 6 inch ranger springs in the rear and 6 inch chevy up front...and a two inch body lift<<<<ONLY because i may or may not of picked up a 302 block bored 10 over hehe.......more room under the hood.........also perrys fenders and a cowl hood.....Bigger lift of course equals bigger meats....Mickey Thompson classic locks and 37x14 Iroks and questions ask ahead

Sounds like a good project. Keep us updated constantly.

-Drew

Im ordering my manual 1354 to replace my manual 1350 next week and hopefully get the ls and 488s in because theyre just sitting in my room.......then its time for a front d/s and WHEELING (with 4wd)

Where are you getting the manual 1354 from? A junkyard?

That shackle angle is hideous..

my rear perches are ajustable so i can ajust the shackle angle however i please.... and i put the 1350 in when i had the SLA suspension ......i love when people have negative comments about stuff they dont know everything about........and im 18 years old and i and a friend built my truck in his back yard ......

A better repair than fixing the IFS front end :) I would definately change the shackle angle. It looks goofy and would get smashed in with any kind of serious wheeling.

9sport6 said:
my rear perches are ajustable so i can ajust the shackle angle however i please.... and i put the 1350 in when i had the SLA suspension ......i love when people have negative comments about stuff they dont know everything about........and im 18 years old and i and a friend built my truck in his back yard ......

does that mean your not able to build it right then? im 18 and doing a SAS on my ranger in my front yard that doesnt mean its going to turn out like crap. i guess i just dont get what you being 18 has to do with anything.

9sport6 said:
my rear perches are ajustable so i can ajust the shackle angle however i please....
So why not adjust it correctly?

Wouldn't the front tire hit the corner of the fender if swung back? I'm sure something is keeping them straight like that. Otherwise it's just rediculous. :)

first of all my truck came out rather well i dont see how its a piece of crap when i have some spare time im going to adjust the wheelbase....... the shackles were on the truck i got the axle from so i put them on.i plan on smaller ones....the pictures were taken before i have even had a chance to tweak it how i want it so whatever....also the axle flexes forward with the shackles being in front....and has anyone noticed chevy 4wds front shackle angle it worse than what mine is

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

9sport6 said:
first of all my truck came out rather well i dont see how its a piece of crap when i have some spare time im going to adjust the wheelbase....... the shackles were on the truck i got the axle from so i put them on.i plan on smaller ones....the pictures were taken before i have even had a chance to tweak it how i want it so whatever....also the axle flexes forward with the shackles being in front....and has anyone noticed chevy 4wds front shackle angle it worse than what mine is

that doenst make it ok

Back