• Register Today It's free!

Help please - Horn doesn't work

jrhartman

Reaction score
City, State
canton, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4, '93 XLT 4x2
My horn doesn't work, everytime I push the wheel all I hear is just a click, almost sounds like a blinker. Judging by that sound I am guessing that my problem might be with the horns themselves. Someone had installed an aftermarket alarm and then cut the siren/speaker on that so I am wondering if they cut the factory horns too. My problem is that I don't know where the factory horn(s) are located. If someone can help me with location of these horn(s) I would sincerely appreciate it. Pics would be even better.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no one knows???? c'mon guys...

Same thing happened to mine, the wires came loose on the horn so i just pushed them back on and now it works. The horn is on the drivers side below the headlight. I can get a pic for you later if you would like?

thanks...I will try to take look at her right now...

found it, both wires were plugged in, but I pulled them off and put them back on again....and now I have a horn again...thanks a million

I'm reminded of the bumpersticker... "Ignore Horn, Watch for finger"

I have a horn that doesn't work and the fuse is blowing out.
My horn has a single circut. It is not a double, according to the eletrical book I should have a relay with it but I have not been able to find the relay to see if the short is in the relay.

Do you know where the relay is at if there is a relay or if I am barking up the wrong tree?

94 eddie bower 4x4 explorer

Thanks!

the horn relay should be on the passenger side fenderwell that little black plastic bnox thing and yes the relays do go bad

Back