Mickey Thompson Street ETs and Sportsmans - Help a brotha out..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mickey Thompson Street ETs and Sportsmans - Help a brotha out.....

I'm looking for a pair of big wide meaty street tires, who else better to go to than Mickey Thompsons. I called there help desk and here is the info they gave me.

Front - MT Sportsman SR 26x10

Rear - MT ETs 28x11.5

I have a set of GEN 1 sploder wheels 15x? not really sure.

Do you guys think this will work? The rear will almost look like a drag truck lol!

Let me know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will need a wider rear set of wheels. The stockers are 15x7's. You really need 15x8's or 15x10's for the rear. You could in theory run the ET's on a stock wheel, but you will have to run them really low on air to get a nice flat contact patch. Also, i would run the 26x8 on the front instead of the 26x10.

Don't even waste your money unless this is an all out drag truck and your class calls for street tires. I used to race Mustangs before I got into the Exploders so I have experience with these tires. They are expensive, they ride horribly, and if you are ever caught in the rain with them, then God help you because it's like riding on ice. Also they wear out EXTREMELY fast. If you still insist on getting them, then the biggest you will be able to fit are 26X10.50 15. But I STRONGLY suggest you take your money and buy a good set of real street tires. You will be much happier with them.

the sportsmans are trash they dont hook....they're catered towards the 1980's era pro streeters...back when everyone had tubbed out cars with no power.

The ET Street RADIAL is an amazing tire, hooks almost as good as a slick but is much more stable at high speeds. Goodyear just released a radial to compete with the ET Street, they sent us a set in january to test, with the goodyear at 20psi it hooks better then the M/T at 10psi and is more stable.

Although, unless you've got a really powerful explorer I dunno why you would want a tire of this type. Nitto makes radials that hook well on the street and ride a lot better then the M/T's and fair a whole lot better in wet weather.

my .02

K.Dot said:
the sportsmans are trash they dont hook....they're catered towards the 1980's era pro streeters...back when everyone had tubbed out cars with no power.
You are thinking of the old Sportsmans, ala streetrod era. The new Sportsman SR's are a modern radial design.

sportsman_sr_small.jpg

james t said:
You are thinking of the old Sportsmans, ala streetrod era. The new Sportsman SR's are a modern radial design.

sportsman_sr_small.jpg

hmmm I didnt know they changed them good looking out!! thats a nice looking tread design

Back